GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Screenshot_20200623-165104_Instagram.jpg

Is this still knobchat?

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
On a side note, tell your webmasters to fix your website. It's basically unusable... once you select a vehicle the sidebar to browse parts doesn't display, tried multiple browsers.... Tried to order from you guys just now but got frustrated with the site and had to take a gamble with FCP again ordering front and rear wheel bearings.

This is probably too old now but are you ordering Mk6 wheel bearings?

I have a full set sitting here, brand new FAG brand.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
This is probably too old now but are you ordering Mk6 wheel bearings?

I have a full set sitting here, brand new FAG brand.
Can you measure the diameter of the inside for the rear ones? The problem is there is 2 versions 32mm and 30mm. I need the 30mm, would much much rather get the FAG brand as the dealer wants $210 each. The FAG set I bought was $50 each but they are the wrong diameter.
20200623_201812.jpg

20200623_201900.jpg

Last edited:

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Weird I thought it was a statewide thing

Dont forget Iowa

As Dubya pointed out, it's a county thing. Mostly a Cook County thing, actually.

Drove an 1hr up for my alignment. Got a call as soon as I arrived that the tech hurt himself so they had to reschedule 😑. I said I’ll call another place. Drive another 20 min to another place. Guy tells me I can’t get the 1 year alignment because my car is lowered. Then why does the price reflect that of a 1 year alignment? It cost more because the car is lowered. Since when!?! Fuck it, I’ll do it myself. Toe plates are $65 bucks and I won’t have to deal with anyone else’s BS, just mine.

Toe plates work in a jam but they don't account for thrust angle. i.e. they might be toe'd correctly but are they both aimed to the left or right? And what about the rears?

Do it with strings. Takes a little longer to set up but if you spend the time, it's more accurate than the dealer's laser rack.

Not confirmed yet but Plainfield is very likely. Definitely not Gilbert's, people there call the cops on you for working in your garage with the door open 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

No that's Huntley. Unless Jaber and Boosted have had confirmed issues too?

Can you measure the diameter of the inside for the rear ones? The problem is there is 2 versions 32mm and 30mm. I need the 30mm, would much much rather get the FAG brand as the dealer wants $210 each. The FAG set I bought was $50 each but they are the wrong diameter.

Checking. Hold pls.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
View attachment 177726
View attachment 177727

Mine measure out 31.97 - so they're the 32s.

Bummer.

You can have all 4 for free if you want for a future job. They're BNIB and taking up space on the shelf.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Boosted was the one calling the cops :iono:

Ah - Master Troll level requires you troll yourself?

I've had neighbors complain about "race shop noises" coming from my garage. And Rennhole had all kinds of problems with neighbors when he was running stuff out of his house.

jay745

Ah - Master Troll level requires you troll yourself?

I've had neighbors complain about "race shop noises" coming from my garage. And Rennhole had all kinds of problems with neighbors when he was running stuff out of his house.
Think he was known for calling the cops on people for pretty much anything. Guy sitting in his car minding his business on a lunch break. Better call the cops. Neighbor disposing of a very large tv from the 80's....hello 911.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Ah bummer but yeah I'll take em thanks! You going to abcc with laps on the 13th by chance?

I'm going to Grissom for a 2-day event with TSSCC the Sat/Sun before. The thought of trudging back down to ABCC the following Monday might be rough.

Also, their mask rules are ridiculous. ABCC's, not LAPS. If their rules are the same as the way they were at the last event, I definitely won't be attending. Not going to be standing outside, at a racetrack, on a hot July day in the middle of summer, wearing a mask 100% of the time.

If you are 100% going I can try to get the bearings to Shawn or something ahead of time.

jay745

I'm going to Grissom for a 2-day event with TSSCC the Sat/Sun before. The thought of trudging back down to ABCC the following Monday might be rough.

Also, their mask rules are ridiculous. ABCC's, not LAPS. If their rules are the same as the way they were at the last event, I definitely won't be attending. Not going to be standing outside, at a racetrack, on a hot July day in the middle of summer, wearing a mask 100% of the time.

If you are 100% going I can try to get the bearings to Shawn or something ahead of time.
whoa.... I didn't realize they had mask rules like that. That definitely is a no go for me, I struggle to wear it the 30 minutes I'm in the grocery store in AC. hang on to em and I'll figure out a time to cruise out that way and grab em.