GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Top 10 Mk7 Mods

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
It’s been asked for to compliment the Mods You’re Wasting Your Money On thread, link here:

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/mods-youre-wasting-money-on.338972/

For those of you who hate YouTube for whatever reason here’s the cheat sheet to the homework, you’re welcome.

There’s lots more than just a scribbled list in the video, so if you’re the type to have tons of questions probably just listen to it like a pod cast and more than likely I covered them. The video is 100% just me talking, so don’t worry you’re not missing out on anything. This is just a non bias, no BS list of the first 10 issues I recommend addressing/modifications to get the most your Mk7/7.5 Gti or R. The list would be slightly different for 1.8T guys, so if you feel left out maybe I’ll do a separate one for them.

Full disclosure: As with anything, some people like to argue just for the sake of arguing and jump at the chance to undermined me every chance they get. To them I’d say write your own thread and let this one help people who genuinely want advice from someone with lots of MQB experience. Just to possibly nip that in the butt here’s my ignore list for reference of who to expect that from:

Also, yes “Driver Mod” should be number one on the list, but this is an actual list of things to enhance the car itself.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
This is what happens when Jake is bored in his garage

I actually wrote that list down three days ago and just finally made the time to sit down and shoot the video.

Usually if I have actual free time to be bored it’s at my airline job waiting on parts/equipment and I can’t exactly shoot a YouTube video there.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I actually wrote that list down three days ago and just finally made the time to sit down and shoot the video.

Usually if I have actual free time to be bored it’s at my airline job waiting on parts/equipment and I can’t exactly shoot a YouTube video there.
Can't view youtube via work GFE, so just saw the pic. I skipped #1 and went straight to #2. All I have left is #9-10 ahaha

I'll eventually get to #1......but after coilovers

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I’ve somehow managed to check off each item on that list and a few of them a couple times even.. haha! Even worse is my cars a 2019 😂
Technically I'm modding USAA's car :rolleyes:

Jake.....should probably throw in springs/coilovers as #5b or something

Jargon

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
This is a super helpful video thank for for putting this together. I just ordered a metal dogbone mount from 034 and I am planning on installing this weekend. Now I am second guessing a little bit.

What you are saying about Metal on plastic makes total sense but I have not heard/read about them being a problem anywhere else.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Technically I'm modding USAA's car :rolleyes:

Jake.....should probably throw in springs/coilovers as #5b or something

My two cents because nobody asked for it 😛

Tires should be #1
motor and trans mounts 2nd
intake should be removed from the list and replaced with either camber plates or control arm bushings / caster kit

Only reason I didn’t add that stuff (all on my personal car) is not everyone drives these cars hard enough to justify or appreciate those mods.

I feel like this list applies to the masses, where a track enthusiast top ten would look much different and definitely more suspension/tire/brake oriented (I’ve got more money in those mods than the rest of the list)