GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I really like this. I blacked tinted mine. Did you use precut vinyl or cut yourself? Also did you apply red film to the whole tail light or just the white part?
Don’t know how he did it, but did the same mod like 1.5 years ago and the way I did it was just transparent type sheet vinyl and ended up doubling it up with a light tint material also to get it closer to red like the lights. then I cut it out around the edges (the lights have a molded edge that you can follow along to use as a guide for the blade. The product I used sucks though and it’s now faded Any red out and it’s just and light smoke color.

MuscleToMouse94

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
New OEM brakes came in, 3” Borla catback system en route :)

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Swapped over to my summer setup today. I certainly welcome the extra grip now that I've gone to an IS38.

20210405_192041.jpg

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Decided to red out the turn signals and reverse.... I'm sure someone will mention the hybrid badge its for my dbv2 v2 hybrid is38
I actually really like this! I dark tinted mine but now I'm thinking red might be the way to go (also DIB gang).

I really like this. I blacked tinted mine. Did you use precut vinyl or cut yourself? Also did you apply red film to the whole tail light or just the white part?
Don’t know how he did it, but did the same mod like 1.5 years ago and the way I did it was just transparent type sheet vinyl and ended up doubling it up with a light tint material also to get it closer to red like the lights. then I cut it out around the edges (the lights have a molded edge that you can follow along to use as a guide for the blade. The product I used sucks though and it’s now faded Any red out and it’s just and light smoke color.
Badgeskins will make a red one for you, just need to specify in the order comments (and then wait a month for it to arrive.)

Attachments

• IMG_8979 2.jpeg
    IMG_8979 2.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 84

CozB

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GT MK7 TSI
What GT badge??...On the Mk7 Golf there is no GT badging (unlike the Mk6)......

I went for the factory "no badge" option anyway....so mines totally badge less (except the VW) front, back & nothing on the front wings either...

Confuses the feck out of people when I go flying past....plus it looks inconspicuous in the parking lot....
Morning Dave,

hope you are well

It was more a reference to the peeps that stick a GT badge onto the car.

I’ve see a few folks remove the TSI or TDI badges. They then proceed to stick an aftermarket market or OEM GT badge in its place (a particular fan favourite being the blue Polo GT badge)

Or removing the Golf badge and adding the silver GT badge in its place.

I haven’t seen as many on the front grille mainly due to the differences (and inherent problems relating to) adding the Polo or other OEM badge to the MK7 grille.

It’s horses for courses.

People will like what they like, and of course do to their own cars what they want.

I have nothing against it per se, but adding badges to the car that were not there as a factory option, is not for me.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
I really like this. I blacked tinted mine. Did you use precut vinyl or cut yourself? Also did you apply red film to the whole tail light or just the white part.
I made mine using lamin x red vinyl. I used 3m masking tape and a pen. Layed the masking tape over the clear portions. Drew my shape into the masking tape then laid the masking tape over the red vinyl. Then just cut the shape out. Took like 20 mins max.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
I actually really like this! I dark tinted mine but now I'm thinking red might be the way to go (also DIB gang).

Badgeskins will make a red one for you, just need to specify in the order comments (and then wait a month for it to arrive.)
Red is definitely the way to go and just make them yourself i bought 2 6x12 red from lamin x and made mine in 20 mins. Alot easier then waiting a month for pre cut ones

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
It looks like Hector's 3 Honda Civics with spoon engines. And on top of that, he just went into Harry's, and he ordered 3 T66 turbos, with NOS. And a Motec exhaust.

Back when "race wars" had a completely different meaning...