GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Confessions

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
This is more of a general "car confession" than it is a MK7, but it can apply to my current GTI since I was recently in an accident.

Does anyone else hate getting vehicles repaired and would rather just start fresh? Feels like the car is "tainted" now or something. Twice in the past I was involved in accidents and just traded the car in for something else as soon as the body shop was done.
No, because I literally grew up on the shop floor of my dad's auto body shop.

gAnGoLf

Car(s)
2019 Alltrack SELSSE
Confessions
i finally finished
permanent magic
marker-ed my
valley wheels
it not Powder
coated looks
like black
chrome
2me
whatever
rydsafe
☮️

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
This is more of a general "car confession" than it is a MK7, but it can apply to my current GTI since I was recently in an accident.

Does anyone else hate getting vehicles repaired and would rather just start fresh? Feels like the car is "tainted" now or something. Twice in the past I was involved in accidents and just traded the car in for something else as soon as the body shop was done.

yep, same. Cars are never the same after an accident, especially where suspension and associated hardware is concerned. My first MK7 was a 2015 GTI SE non-PP and I was 22 when I leased it. I got a bit carried away on a entrance ramp and careened into the curb, requiring full replacement of the driver’s side F+R wheels/suspension assembly. 1764 miles on the odometer.

fortunately, being a 2015 lease when their incentives started @ 279/mo with 2K down on a GTI, and me having traded my previous MK6 in on it I was able to get out of the car early @ ~24K miles. It drove like shit for 22.25K of the 24K miles I owned it.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
what car is this?

Looks like a convertible Camaro.
@GenX Retread good eye!
IMG_20190421_191906_586.jpg