GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
US129 up Blood Mtn is fun. TOTD is an experience, but I prefer Cherohala Skyway and Moonshiner far more. Less touristy, more smiles per mile.
Moonshiner is 10x more fun than totd. I took a 3 hour journey down 28 to wayah road, wayah road (which is super sketchy but fun) to Gatlinburg, back up 28 to almond nc, back through totd. Completely white knuckle driving the whole way. Probably the most fun I've ever had in the car outside of track driving

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Ain't nobody got time fo dat.

If you would kindly look back on that thread, you were being a complete dick, not simply trying to help anyone. You seem to derail a lot of threads in similar ways. The main sections I'll treat a bit differently, the forum is actually helpful for many but not when it becomes you insulting everyone who has a difference of opinion. Off topic, nobody comes here looking for help with their car so I really don't care enough to play judge and jury and start banning everyone who says something controversial. I don't care at all.

I’ll make time for being Judge Judy and Executioner.

Put me in coach, I’m ready to play.

zrickety

The Fixer

CSB Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo​

General Off Topic Thread because another thread was fun for a while has lost it's charm and we need a thread to chat/BS in some basic rules:

1. No Politics, non-Covid related current events are ok.
2. Avoid Insults (although poking fun as friends is allowed).
3. Rules may be added in the future by OP. Announcement of rules must be made and original post to be updated.
4. The Lloyd rule (mandatory emoji use when not being serious) will be enforced, with ridicule as penalty.
5. Multiquoting is discouraged.
It's nice to see multi-quote is frowned upon.

jay745

Everyone can read it. I was arguing the evidence for it being oil related, which it ended up being, and what worked for me, and was literally called a liar.

So you will ban for not being helpful or being a dick, so again, you choose who you think is a dick or not. Most would read badhombres posts and conclude he's just being a dick.

In reality, your personal bias is what you use to decide who to ban from threads or the site.
Off topic is different than the main forum sections. Sorry if you can't understand that.

zrickety

The Fixer
Moonshiner is 10x more fun than totd. I took a 3 hour journey down 28 to wayah road, wayah road (which is super sketchy but fun) to Gatlinburg, back up 28 to almond nc, back through totd. Completely white knuckle driving the whole way. Probably the most fun I've ever had in the car outside of track driving
There is a road I found randomly at the border of NC...county road 52 or something. It was incredible.
Mountain roads in Cali are fun too, unless your wife and son get car sick. Kinda takes the wind out of your sails.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

zrickety

The Fixer

zrickety

The Fixer
13 pages in one day, not bad fellas. Let's see if you have that stamina.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I found some mk8 golf r's for sale this morning. The highest I saw was 57k, but there was actually a dealer that had one for $43k with $2k off msrp.

jay745

There is a road I found randomly at the border of NC...county road 52 or something. It was incredible.
Mountain roads in Cali are fun too, unless your wife and son get car sick. Kinda takes the wind out of your sails.
I love the whole area around totd. My fiance started crying at one point on wayah road because she was so scared. There's certain sections that you'd likely die if you went off course.

In Cali I've never driven a fun car there, I took highway 1 from LA to San Francisco but it was in a v6 Camaro rental 🫤

riceburner

Autocross Champion
CSB without all the butthurt would be so much more fun.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
commenting back a few pages, i used to blow loud every day but just cant anymore. for some reason it just don't treat me well anymore; i feel all anxious and shit whenever i've tried for the last few years so i quit. real bummer too, i used to love it.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
So I'm trying to figure out what to do for a car-oriented vacation with my wife. We live on the east coast (PA), and it seems like the closest options for VW-specific stuff are all in the Carolinas/etc. What's a cool enthusiast place to visit? I looked at BFI and ShopDAP, but ultimately I feel like it'd be an awkward 5 minutes of 'this is super cool', followed by turning around and going somewhere else. What kind of fun stuff is along the east coast that would make a neat place to spend a couple hours?

You gotta come to the official GolfMK6 Tail of the Dragon meet!!

tail of the dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.