GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Movie and TV Recommendations

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
This looks pretty funny with lots of actors I like.

I also saw Aziz has a new stand up on Netflix that came out yesterday. I'll have to check that out, glad to see him back.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I also saw Aziz has a new stand up on Netflix that came out yesterday. I'll have to check that out, glad to see him back.
I saw that after I finished Ozark.....it's only a 1/2 hour, but it was kind of funny

Did you ever see Master of None (seasons 1&2)?
I couldn't get into Season 3 though without him in it (minus his short cameo)

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I saw that after I finished Ozark.....it's only a 1/2 hour, but it was kind of funny

I know I watched the first season, but I'm not sure on s2, definitely didn't see s3. I thought s1 was good though. I'll have to remember to check that out again when I've got some time. Right now I'm in the middle of playing through the mass effect legendary edition, so that's taking up all my free time.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

Didn't know there was a 3rd season although kind of pointless without him

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I know I watched the first season, but I'm not sure on s2, definitely didn't see s3. I thought s1 was good though. I'll have to remember to check that out again when I've got some time. Right now I'm in the middle of playing through the mass effect legendary edition, so that's taking up all my free time.
Season 2 wasn't bad....give it a watch.
He's funny in it

Skip 3 though

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Didn't know there was a 3rd season although kind of pointless without him
I believe he directed them, but yeah it was bad (minus his short cameo).....it focused on his friend Denise (Lena Waithe) and her lesbian marriage

I couldn't get into it, whatsoever, and stopped watching after the 2nd or 3rd episode
It was very slow/boring

torga

Autocross Champion
Top Fifteen Films of 2021 (in no particular order):

- Petite Maman
- The Worst Person in the World
- Red Rocket
- The Power of the Dog
- The Tragedy of Macbeth
- Drive My Car
- Licorice Pizza
- Titane
- Spencer
- The Green Knight
- Dune
- C'mon C'mon
- Judas and the Black Messiah
- Pig
- Spider-Man: No Way Home

I bolded the ones I've seen and italicized the ones I plan to see. I'll actually be watching Drive My Car this Wednesday and another one called Parallel Mothers on Thursday.
I enjoyed all the ones I saw, especially Dune, C'mon C'mon, and Licorice Pizza. Heard lots and lots of good things about Pig, and I'm excited to watch Nic Cage in The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent.

torga

Autocross Champion
This looks pretty funny with lots of actors I like.

Yes, this whole improv element to it looks hilarious. I can't wait to watch.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
I bolded the ones I've seen and italicized the ones I plan to see. I'll actually be watching Drive My Car this Wednesday and another one called Parallel Mothers on Thursday.
I enjoyed all the ones I saw, especially Dune, C'mon C'mon, and Licorice Pizza. Heard lots and lots of good things about Pig, and I'm excited to watch Nic Cage in The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent.

The thing I liked about Pig, was it was completely different than what I was expecting. The trailer made it look like John Wick with Nic Cage about a pig. And that is not it at all.

The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent looks hilarious as well.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion

Finally, someone on this forum who's into film.

I don't really watch any shows, but I watch at least one movie a day on weekdays and sometimes two or three on weekend days. Another reason why I switched from a modded GTI to a GLI that I will be keeping mostly stock. I can't have multiple expensive habits lol.

Part of my collection. Most of the ones on the left are 4K blu-rays and the right regular blu-rays. This was taken before I was fully finished unpacking too, and I usually buy a couple a week, so there's quite a few more now.

thumbnail_65621338727__A8A2840F-8AFD-4FF7-BFF0-872EC87CC3BC.jpg

torga

Autocross Champion
Finally, someone on this forum who's into film.

I don't really watch any shows, but I watch at least one movie a day on weekdays and sometimes two or three on weekend days. Another reason why I switched from a modded GTI to a GLI that I will be keeping mostly stock. I can't have multiple expensive habits lol.

Part of my collection. Most of the ones on the left are 4K blu-rays and the right regular blu-rays. This was taken before I was fully finished unpacking too, and I usually buy a couple a week, so there's quite a few more now.

View attachment 237632

Wowwwwww. My movie collection is maybe one of those long shelves. I typically do all my watching via streaming services, and I'll buy the 4K BR disc of movies I really wanna enjoy -- something with good cinematography or big sound. Finally setting up a proper set of towers, subs and a center channel has totally changed the way I enjoy media.

I do watch lots of shows, though. My gf is more into shows than movies, so we compromise. There's been some amazing stuff recently, like Dark, Mindhunter, and Chernobyl.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I watched that new Aziz standup tonight. I thought it was pretty funny. I enjoyed it. I didn't realize how much I missed him until he started talking. It got pretty serious at times too and much more political than I expected, but he was still pulling off some really good jokes.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I binged all of Murderville last night. That was really good. Maybe 1 episode that wasn't as good as the rest, but the other 5 were all really good. I'd definitely recommend it, especially if you like Will Arnett.

Peacemaker has also been killin it.

torga

Autocross Champion
Gonna get to Murderville soon. I saw a trailer come out, but the premise already sounded funny enough so I'm gonna save my innocence.

Pretty soon, I'm gonna start watching How To with John Wilkens -- it's on HBOMax. If you're already a fan of Nathan for You, this show should be right up your alley.