GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2022 Formula 1 Season

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
I won't be mad if the rest of the season is like this.
Want to see how Seb will do in the car...

torga

Autocross Champion
I won't be mad if the rest of the season is like this.
Want to see how Seb will do in the car...

Seb is probably wishing he could have covid for the rest of the season after seeing how the Aston performed.

But same, hoping this is a good indicator of what's to come.

Dents27

Go Kart Champion
Does anyone know why Hamilton's T-bar had the "second driver" yellow stripe indicator on it? For a while I was confused and thought Russell was leading Hamilton and the infographics were wrong.

Yeah because he wanted the yellows to match his number and helmet.

bentin

Autocross Champion
For real? Weird.
I really get the impression that with the helmet color and the second driver stripes, he's trying to go out like he came in. If he wins this year, I think he'll retire and Russell will be the #1. Be interesting if they bring in Lando for the second seat or go a different direction.

torga

Autocross Champion
I really get the impression that with the helmet color and the second driver stripes, he's trying to go out like he came in. If he wins this year, I think he'll retire and Russell will be the #1. Be interesting if they bring in Lando for the second seat or go a different direction.

I think 8 WDC would be a good place to retire. He's not necessarily old, but the clock is ticking down on how many more championships he can realistically win. The young guns are catching up and Mercedes is on the back foot.
If Merc can get back up to speed, Russell and Lando driving silver arrows will be a force to be reckoned with.

bentin

Autocross Champion
I think the only real challenge is that Toto has implied that he'll leave with Lewis and I don't really see them having an immediate back up for his role.

Dents27

Go Kart Champion
I kinda want to see Hamilton in the WEC. I think he would be mighty for a hypercar programme of some sort.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Jeddah is up next (we've only had two races since the last race here), looks like its gonna be a painful weekend for some teams; looking at you Aston/McLaren. I expect Ferrari on a low DF setup to pull away from the field even more than they did in Bahrain.

Mercs projected speed and gear vs last year. Interesting how much slower they are, but new regs vs established regs will always* be that way.

Rumor is Imola is where Merc will bring their first big upgrade(s).

torga

Autocross Champion
I'm honestly surprised that Merc voluntarily puts out projected infographics like this.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
No harm if the info isn't 100% accurate either. Other teams already have more data about their car than this infographic gives.

torga

Autocross Champion
Fair points. Seems like only T13 is projected to be quicker this year. Do they do these for every track?

torga

Autocross Champion

bentin

Autocross Champion
Hah, great. Maybe we can tone down the melodrama a bit. Season 2 was already starting to feel like a gossip column, so I can only imagine how they handled an intense season like '21.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/f...rs-over-drive-to-survives-fake-drama/9246182/
Max doesn't like it because it shows that he's Max. It attracts new people to the sport, I fail to see how that's a bad thing. Baseball, cricket, hockey whatever should be so lucky.

F1 doesn't always have likeable stars, they are embracing Ricciardo, Steiner and even both Wolffs who have some charisma. I actually like the way they try to humanize Horner, they've done a decent job of showing that there's a civil side to even the dumbest battles. The one thing I felt like the latest season diminished was just how much influence Masi had after each of the major events and how contrary his penalties were to prior precedents and even his own decisions moments or weeks before. If ever there were an opportunity to dramatize something outside of the on track driving...

Of course he hadn't been sacked and the results of the investigation weren't released when the series was released. Maybe they'll add an episode or just start next season with a little more info on how that went down.