GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2022 Formula 1 Season

torga

Autocross Champion
You're right, it does attract people to the sport -- that is a good thing. I guess I'm just not the target demo for DTS. I prefer my drama on-track, not cooked up in an editing bay.

torga

Autocross Champion

bentin

Autocross Champion
You're right, it does attract people to the sport -- that is a good thing. I guess I'm just not the target demo for DTS. I prefer my drama on-track, not cooked up in an editing bay.
Same, which is why I'm happy Masi is gone. I'm a Tifosi, but his ham handedness last year just felt like a Choose Your Own Adventure Book where you're just trying to make the wrong decisions to see what the worst outcome is.

cb1111

We know that Saudis are poor drivers, but still.....

1648065277309.png

For context - this is in Jeddah today.

Last edited:

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Fair points. Seems like only T13 is projected to be quicker this year. Do they do these for every track?
They actually do. I'll try to remember to post them if I come across them.
F1 to reveal calendar strategy as Domenicali says 30 promoters want races · RaceFans

All this promotor interest is very likely thanks to the reach of DTS. Though, I hope the F1 business leaders keep teams' and staff health and well-being ahead of profits in their minds.
The current concord agreement won't allow more than 25 races, so we don't have that as a potential until at least 2025. Plus, I have a hard time believing they will have the teams agree to 30 races. 8 more races, is a boat load more work/stress for all team personnel.

torga

Autocross Champion

Dents27

Go Kart Champion
They actually do. I'll try to remember to post them if I come across them.

The current concord agreement won't allow more than 25 races, so we don't have that as a potential until at least 2025. Plus, I have a hard time believing they will have the teams agree to 30 races. 8 more races, is a boat load more work/stress for all team personnel.

I believe it's only 24 races for the concorde agreement that ends in 2025. From what I've heard on the WTF1 podcast, Liberty wants to push it to 28 or 30 races. Like you mentioned, I also have a tough time believing the teams racings for more than half of the calendar weekends. I won't be surprised if they start rotating tracks in certain countries/regions in order to keep everyone happy.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
I believe it's only 24 races for the concorde agreement that ends in 2025. From what I've heard on the WTF1 podcast, Liberty wants to push it to 28 or 30 races. Like you mentioned, I also have a tough time believing the teams racings for more than half of the calendar weekends. I won't be surprised if they start rotating tracks in certain countries/regions in order to keep everyone happy.
I'd prefer they alternate vs burning everyone in the paddock out. I liked the way the German race rotated between Hockenheim and Nürburgring. That opens the possibility to get tracks like Sepang and Portimao back into the calendar, even if its only every other year, or whatever they can come up with.

Edited: the amount flex in the front wing elements have, always blows me away.

Last edited:

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Lol, welp, you can't have porpoising issues if you don't have downforce.

And to think, people just thought they were on top of their car this year due to lack of issues with the bouncing; clearly that couldn't be further from the truth.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Hah, great. Maybe we can tone down the melodrama a bit. Season 2 was already starting to feel like a gossip column, so I can only imagine how they handled an intense season like '21.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/f...rs-over-drive-to-survives-fake-drama/9246182/
Just finished Season 4 of Drive to Survive, as I'm just a "casual" fan.
Just saw that article and was wondering why Max wasn't in Season 4, like at all. That kind of explains it.

BUT then I was also wondering....Lance Stroll wasn't on there much either (if at all), along with his dad, like they were on prior season(s). Vettel wasn't on there much either, if at all too.

It might as well be the Toto and Christian show for Season 4. They do make it overly dramatic, but I kind of like how it's filmed and with the music and all (at times).
So I believe they are reaching out & acquiring new fans with it, despite how it's edited and what's portrayed

You do see a lot of behind the scenes stuff though, IMO

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
It's not like there was a shortage of action throughout the season. I imagine they filmed them, maybe not as much as prior seasons, and netflix just didn't use the material. I know that Perez said that he committed a bunch of time to filming with Netflix and he was barely shown, he's said he won't dedicate much time in the future to them. I don't blame Max for not participating, they managed to make Norris look like an absolute prick.

Apparently part of the changes to Jeddah was the widening of the last corner and exit... good news for Max.

love me some Flo-vis

torga

Autocross Champion
It's not like there was a shortage of action throughout the season. I imagine they filmed them, maybe not as much as prior seasons, and netflix just didn't use the material. I know that Perez said that he committed a bunch of time to filming with Netflix and he was barely shown, he's said he won't dedicate much time in the future to them. I don't blame Max for not participating, they managed to make Norris look like an absolute prick.

I heard about that, and this upsets me. He's one of the most genuine, fun dudes on the grid. You really have to try to make a guy like him come off as a prick.

bentin

Autocross Champion
I heard about that, and this upsets me. He's one of the most genuine, fun dudes on the grid. You really have to try to make a guy like him come off as a prick.
Wait, you think it would be hard to make a rich kid, with little education, multi million pound contract and a whole team telling him he's special look like a prick? I think it would be harder to make him not look like a prick. I actually don't recall him being made out like anything but a 22 year old in the last season. I like him as a driver, I think he's clearly got talent and his head on straight, it would be nice to see him get to a real team, Macca needs to just go ahead and hit bankruptcy and let someone else run the show. The sad thing about the Netflix show is that it makes me dislike both of the Americans, Haas and Brown.

torga

Autocross Champion
Ok, I suppose if a DTS viewer is not an F1 fan and knows absolutely nothing about Lando Norris, then I suppose it's easy to make him look like a prick.

It's easy to paint whatever picture you want when your audience knows nothing. Which is why I'm just not a fan of DTS.