GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Assault Weapons Ban Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Anyone read it? I did yesterday, and the way it's worded so every semi-auto-automatic rifle or pistol is banned.

Text - H.R.1808 - 117th Congress (2021-2022): Assault Weapons Ban of 2022 | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

“(D) A semiautomatic pistol that—

“(i) has an ammunition feeding device that is not a fixed ammunition feeding device; and

“(ii) has any 1 of the following:

“(I) A threaded barrel.

“(II) A second pistol grip.

“(III) A barrel shroud.

“(IV) The capacity to accept a detachable ammunition feeding device at some location outside of the pistol grip.

“(V) A semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm.

“(VI) A manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when unloaded.

“(VII) A buffer tube, stabilizing brace or similar component that protrudes horizontally behind the pistol grip.

“(E) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed ammunition feeding device that has the capacity to accept more than 15 rounds.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
So my handguns are banned? Lol.

99.99999999% of civilians can’t own assault rifles anyway. Silly shit.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
They're trying to redefine the term "assault weapon" to make it applicable to most guns sold.
I saw that. Hilarious they are even targeting 9mm PCC. Although I didn’t see the SP5 on it. Maybe I skimmed too fast?

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
(IV) refers to pistols versions of (mostly) rifles/carbines... ie. AR/AK pattern pistols, SP89/MP5/UMP, Sig55#, Vector, etc.

crxgator

Autocross Champion

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Anyone read it? I did yesterday, and the way it's worded so every semi-auto-automatic rifle or pistol is banned.

Text - H.R.1808 - 117th Congress (2021-2022): Assault Weapons Ban of 2022 | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

“(D) A semiautomatic pistol that—

“(i) has an ammunition feeding device that is not a fixed ammunition feeding device; and

“(ii) has any 1 of the following:

“(I) A threaded barrel.

“(II) A second pistol grip.

“(III) A barrel shroud.

“(IV) The capacity to accept a detachable ammunition feeding device at some location outside of the pistol grip.

“(V) A semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm.

“(VI) A manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when unloaded.

“(VII) A buffer tube, stabilizing brace or similar component that protrudes horizontally behind the pistol grip.

“(E) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed ammunition feeding device that has the capacity to accept more than 15 rounds.

I’m having trouble figuring out how, as you state, “every semi-auto-automatic rifle or pistol is banned.”

Where exactly does it say that? Not trolling here, genuinely curious about how you are interpreting the bill?

Corprin

Autocross Champion
So my handguns are banned? Lol.

99.99999999% of civilians can’t own assault rifles anyway. Silly shit.

The very common misconception is that someone is taking your guns away. If you own them legally and they are of a currently legal type, nobody is taking anything away from you. This law will stop the sale of such firearms, nothing more.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
The very common misconception is that someone is taking your guns away. If you own them legally and they are of a currently legal type, nobody is taking anything away from you. This law will stop the sale of such firearms, nothing more.
The bill clearly states it would become illegal to possess them as well. Sure they don't say they are going to come take them but it's easy to see how it would be interpreted that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.