GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Managed to get the hottest job in the building running. New robot, 350 Ton molding machine, 3 axis milling machine all talking to/controlling the other. Plant manager is all excited says "we know this is all you" and goes and gets the owner. She comes by all excited (customer is coming in Monday). Lets hope this comes with a buck or two.

I have not worked with robots yet. We are supposed to be getting one soon. I’m currently in the process of re wiring an old extruder that looks like it came out the bottom of the C&D canal. Ripped all the old stuff out and basically started over again. Lots of fun 🤨

JC_451

Autocross Champion
We have lots of just for show robots where I work. They do really dumb stuff like; bring bins back to the front of the line. Taking twice as long as a person and... still having to be unloaded by a person 😐

Last edited:

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
In NJ this is the only way to get beer (other than a bar or dining out, but a lot of restaurants around here are byo.)
I used to think BYO was dumb, but as I've gotten more into wine, I really appreciate a nice restaurant that lets you bring a bottle. Most restaurants have awful options that are way over priced and the ones that have good options are even more overpriced. I've got some 10-15 year old bottles that are worth a lot of $$$ and I really like the idea of taking one with me for an evening out and having someone else cook food to go with it.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
This is our first real bot we have lots of pickers. If this succeeds I see more in future. Small family run shop and I am the only class A tech. They are doing a strong push towards automation and I have been successful in everything so far.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Lol Dsg driver's like to think nobody knows how to drive manual fast because they can't. Fun fact, I've beaten plenty of similar power dsg cars 🤷
My mk6 DSG was soo close to you bro!

"something something granny shifting not dual-clutching like you should"
1660334756186.png

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Did we ever play rice rockets when you had that thing? Can't remember that was 12 cars ago for you
yep. i-90 westbound in mexico we had a super solid 40-120 roll race with our wives in the cars. and i think you only won because my underbody tray was broken. maybe my rear spoiler add on was dragging me down too :coffee:

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
yep. i-90 westbound in mexico we had a super solid 40-120 roll race with our wives in the cars. and i think you only won because my underbody tray was broken. maybe my rear spoiler add on was dragging me down too :coffee:
Interesting. I think I was full weight back then too.

Also

images (4).jpeg

JC_451

Autocross Champion
This is our first real bot we have lots of pickers. If this succeeds I see more in future. Small family run shop and I am the only class A tech. They are doing a strong push towards automation and I have been successful in everything so far.
We have some cool robotic assisted processes. Automated tool changes and material loading and such.

The cool ones just do work in some corner of the factory though.

The ones in the hall way drive themselves! 😐

manu97

Autocross Champion
It was 2811 when I had it corner balanced so depending how much gas I have it would be right around there
Damn. That's stupidly light. No interior I'm guessing? Any new windows/panels?

Status
Not open for further replies.