GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Friday is mediocre Chinese food day at work. Sauteed three ingredients (shrimp, chicken, scallops) in garlic sauce with hot and sour soup and fried rice.
Mediocre Chinese food that you had to cook yourself, or was Sauteed part of the menu description?

what was your fortune

riceburner

Autocross Champion
I keep the best fortune i ever found in my wallet :

A real zhong zhong gem
20220930_124834.jpg

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Mediocre Chinese food that you had to cook yourself, or was Sauteed part of the menu description?

what was your fortune
The only cooking facilities at work (manufacturing) are two microwave ovens and a disgusting toaster oven. I order out from the same place as the rest of them are much worse.

I don't eat fortune cookies. I did buy a scratch ticket. If I win the million, I'll let you know.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I just went for a little drive to warm up the motor and knock some of the salt off my brakes. I'm used to the normal hurricane damage and debris being everywhere after a big storm. I think this is the first time I've seen cars abandoned in the middle of the road. They're all covered in salt so I can only assume these were people that were trying to escape surge while they were in the middle of it. Their cars quit running and who knows what happened to them after that. There would have still been 100+ mph winds at peak surge.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
back off topic.

Lunch: turkey meatloaf with taters/corn. It's the end of the corn season, it's getting kinda chewy but I've had lots of it this year!

Dinner: Duck fried rice (homemade). I'll add broccoli, onions, peppers, egg, and peanuts.
salad. cashews. maybe a protein bar to snack on in a little bit.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I'm seeing the coast guard helicopters fly over all the time. They said this morning there's areas they need to finish search and rescue before they'll restore power, so I have no idea what to expect.
i heard from one news source that some parts of ft. Meyers might be weeks away from restoration. i know you're not that close to them but might be a similar timeline.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
i heard from one news source that some parts of ft. Meyers might be weeks away from restoration. i know you're not that close to them but might be a similar timeline.
Yeah all I've heard so far is there's some areas that just need repairs and theres other areas that need to be rebuilt. They should be able to do repairs fairly quick, but who the hell knows for rebuilding. I don't think theyve really even established what areas can be repaired and what needs to be rebuilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.