GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
LOL what. That's not at all the same thing. The plugs are comparable in that they're the same or similar specs and intended for the same application. IS20 and IS38 are not the same specs nor do they even perform similarly.
unless they share data showing comparability they are on the same shelf level as the branded autozone plugs

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I would not equate the hesitancy to evacuate as being solely due to "not taking this seriously" or hubris. Many people cannot afford to uproot themselves and get to a relative's home or rent a hotel. Not everyone is as fortunate as those on this forum. This economy totally sucks for the lower and middle class working people. Some people are choosing to either fill their tank or fill their grocery cart. They can't do both.

Now, the guy who stays in his $5M waterfront home to guard his $1M boat, that's another story. I'm talking about the people in apartments or those who lived in the trailer park that was wiped out.
Agreed, but it isn't just "this economy". Our economy is built off of keeping half the population near poverty even in good economic conditions. This is a longterm persistent issue that cost many lives in Katrina and other large storms too. The poor and elderly have a difficult time evacuating, it's always been like that, it isn't something new due to "this economy".

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
A couple inches of water inside the house so probably some destroyed laminate floors and furniture. Lost some shingles and screens from the patio. Lost a bush and a tree. The car only got 1 or 2 very tiny scratches, from the garage filling with water and the garbage cans floating around.

We already cleared all the water out of the house and it's surprisingly clean for as crazy as it looked last night.

We got the generator hooked up so the fridges are running. The weather is really nice so we're not even turning the ac on.

We had bbq ribs, teriyaki chicken, corn on the cobb, and Mac and cheese tonight, and it was amazing.
I'm glad you and your family are safe and the damage wasn't catastrophic.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I'm curious: What data would that be?
coming from a scientific background, i like to see data to back up claims. when APR put out coilpacks saying they were better than the OEM R8 red tops, i went looking for data to support the claim.

if they're saying their first product out of the gate is on par with top of the line,...
1664549981856.png

That would be not just functional equivalency, but durability and robustness.

gonna leave this alone now. this is OT, not the place for car chat.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
coming from a scientific background, i like to see data to back up claims. when APR put out coilpacks saying they were better than the OEM R8 red tops, i went looking for data to support the claim.

if they're saying their first product out of the gate is on par with top of the line,...
View attachment 261911

gonna leave this alone now. this is OT, not the place for car chat.
Can we all agree they're likely NGK plugs with APR stamped on them?

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Can we all agree they're likely NGK plugs with APR stamped on them?
APR has said they are not rebranded plugs and they would be open to some big trouble if that's a lie... BUT, perhaps they're manufactured the exact same place and method as NGK or Bosch or whatever big name and they put an APR label on, which is technically not "rebranded." Wouldn't that be a great thing, then? Cheaper and better availability?

Yeah but I'm just curious WHAT data would be acceptable to prove whatever it is you're wanting proven on spark plugs. How would you measure durability and robustness? And does NGK have the same data for comparison?

Last edited:

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Agreed, but it isn't just "this economy". Our economy is built off of keeping half the population near poverty even in good economic conditions. This is a longterm persistent issue that cost many lives in Katrina and other large storms too. The poor and elderly have a difficult time evacuating, it's always been like that, it isn't something new due to "this economy".
You missed the point in order to make your political statement. 8.2% inflation has not been seen in this country for almost 40 years. That's what's different in "this economy". That's what's making a lot of the lower and middle class choose between food and transportation, and up here in the north, keeping their home warm.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
I haven't been able to do my own research yet to verify, but I'm being told this is very real...

SmartSelect_20220930_113040_Google.jpg

manu97

Autocross Champion
You missed the point in order to make your political statement. 8.2% inflation has not been seen in this country for almost 40 years. That's what's different in "this economy". That's what's making a lot of the lower and middle class choose between food and transportation, and up here in the north, keeping their home warm.
If only we didn't keep pumping money into the stock market (quantitative easing). Wonder who benefits most from that....

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
APR has said they are not rebranded plugs and they would be open to some big trouble if that's a lie... BUT, perhaps they're manufactured the exact same place and method as NGK or Bosch or whatever big name and they put an APR label on, which is technically not "rebranded." Wouldn't that be a great thing, then? Cheaper and better availability?

Yeah but I'm just curious WHAT data would be acceptable to prove whatever it is you're wanting proven on spark plugs. How would you measure durability and robustness? And does NGK have the same data for comparison?
I'm good with rebranded NGK for less.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
You mean since Reagan?

And don't act like you weren't making a political jab at an economy caused by war and post pandemic issues.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
and planetary boundary induced resource issues *

Status
Not open for further replies.