GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
I'm on firefox Nightly for android. Have posted alot of photos up until 3 days ago. Now once I click on attach file and select the photo, that screen disappears And goes back to the dialog box. No picture uploaded or anything.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I'm on firefox Nightly for android. Have posted alot of photos up until 3 days ago. Now once I click on attach file and select the photo, that screen disappears And goes back to the dialog box. No picture uploaded or anything.
I always do it with a screenshot. On windows you can press windows key + shift + s and then select the area you wanted to be screenshotted. Then just paste it into the text box and adjust the size if needed. It's so much easier than dealing with links or files.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Only have the company laptop with me out of town. I'll have to wait till I get home tomorrow to try on pc.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
ZCmlhYz.jpeg

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
theres your problem

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Well spank my ass and call me Susan. I guess it's just firefox nightly giving me fits. Regular firefox works like it should.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Apple anything is hot garbage. Nothing but propriety bs with no support for non apple products. Android is the hill I'll die on.

DangerDane2008

Drag Racing Champion
Since we’re on the topic of beers. I need some stout recommendations. I haven’t had any in a while and I’ve been wanting some. No peanut butter shit. I ain’t trying to die

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Apple anything is hot garbage. Nothing but propriety bs with no support for non apple products. Android is the hill I'll die on.
yeah you'll definitely die on it bc it'll crash on you a zillion times while trying to open a single app lol

i dont trust OS's that allow you to change text font bc everyone who does it picks the most obnoxious, hard to read shit in the name of iNdIvIdUaLiTy

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Since we’re on the topic of beers. I need some stout recommendations. I haven’t had any in a while and I’ve been wanting some. No peanut butter shit. I ain’t trying to die
Rogue Chocolate Stout - An old favorite but I'm not sure it's made anymore
Old Rasputin - A classic that any stout drinker should already know about
Clown Shoes Undead Party Crasher - An excellent imperial
Terrapin Wake N Bake - Really good coffee/oatmeal stout
Funky Buddha Maple Bacon Coffee Porter - Yea, it sounds weird and I know, these kind of beers are never good, but trust me on this one
Bells Kalamazoo Stout - Kind of a regular for me because it's always available

That's all I can remember off the top of my head.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Well spank my ass and call me Susan. I guess it's just firefox nightly giving me fits. Regular firefox works like it should.
Firefox is the browser of the gods -- curious though, what's got you on nightly? I'm using it as my primary browser on all platforms, and have no complaints -- but I'm also not a developer, and have no desire to fool around with the weird bugs I'm sure show up in nightly builds (of anything, for that matter).

Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald is pretty dope, IMO. If you happen across it, I'm a big fan of Sunny Side Up from Pizza Boy Brewing, and Java Head (Troeg's) is great (if you're into coffee).

yeah you'll definitely die on it bc it'll crash on you a zillion times while trying to open a single app lol

i dont trust OS's that allow you to change text font bc everyone who does it picks the most obnoxious, hard to read shit in the name of iNdIvIdUaLiTy

I have a Galaxy S9+ for personal, iPhone 12 for work (provided to me). I've had Android phones as long as I've had smartphones, and I'm a reasonably technologically inclined user. The iPhone made me feel like a boomer, the functions and features I expected to be readily available are weirdly hidden behind gestures, and it keeps bugging me to set up biometrics (not gonna happen). I agree though, I can't stand the fonts I see in half of the Android screenshots where some jackass thought Comic Sans was a good design for literally anything.

I tend to suggest iPhones to older relatives because they've got that sweet sweet walled garden approach to security, but personally I prefer Android's ability to sideload APKs. I know jailbreaking was/is a thing, but my equivalency to be drawn there is with root access (which I miss dearly, for blocking ads).

torga

Autocross Champion
I've used Android since 2012. I got to use an iPhone last year for a good month and a half, cuz I was curious how things have changed. Overall, I left with a better opinion of iOS after that time -- using it as a full daily driver really let me see the ins and outs and form a good pro/con list.

The biggest con is iOS's file/folder management is absolute ass. 100% atrocious, objectively ass. Android's blows it out of the water, it's not even a contest. Little League baseball vs MLB.

All the other annoyances I could rationalize as simply being a lil different than Android, and I even got used to a few of em. Slightly different ways of doing things.

But that file management, man... absolute hot garbage.

On the plus side, iOS notification handling has gotten a ton better over the years. That also used to be 100% absolute ass, but now it's only maybe 10% ass.
The way Android handles and presents notifications is still better imo. More control is the pain pro that Android has.

torga

Autocross Champion
IMO, Apple's biggest pros are build quality and the haptic motor. Nothing that any Android manufacturer makes can touch iPhones in those departments.

I also did notice that apps really do tend to run smoother and more stable on iOS. Though, Android isn't the janky, buggy mess that the Apple fanboys make it out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.