GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Mr. Higgins

1. M

The New APR Intake System is Here!

Curious if anyone could describe what the differences are between this Open Intake and APR's normal intake (part CI100052). Thanks!
  2. M

I just ordered a GTI 40th Anniversary

Congratulations on new car day!! Pictures? First impressions?
  3. M

Mine is expected this week sometime. Downside is that the dealer is 400 miles away in Glenwood Springs, CO. Upside is that I get to drive the beautiful twisty mountain roads back to New Mexico in a Brand New Car!
  4. M

6-speed GTI Stage 1 experiences?

Hit me up when you're in town. My mechanical skills are non-existant, however...
  5. M

Great story, bentin -- glad to hear about another NM connection. I live in Cedar Crest, at the bottom of the road that goes up to Sandia Ski Area. It's a hell of a road to rip up! How much do you estimate the labor is on the intercooler?
  6. M

Thanks for the replies. I'm almost certain that I'll be getting an APR stage 1 tune with everything else remaining stock. I'll ask the shop which torque mode they recommend. Looking forward to hearing any other comments in the meantime...
  7. M

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

Maybe off topic, but is there a software difference between the 8.5 inch version and the 10 inch verson? I'll be picking up my 40th anniversary GTI in late May and would like it to be updated to the latest software version.
  8. M

Has anyone chip tuned their MK8 GTI? I'd really like to hear your thoughts. I'm considering getting stage 1 on mine once it arrives, but no one likes to be the first man out of the trench. I'd specifically like to hear what brands folks think are the best and whether the stock clutch is good...
  9. M

Congrats, Nutty -- mine is in dark grey. I like the fact that the 40th has 19" wheels, addaptive dampers, but is otherwise the same as the low-trim S (I have no use for a sunroof). I'm hoping that the decals can be removed without too much effort. Maybe I'll start a new thread for stage 1...
  10. M

Well, I pulled the trigger and put a deposit down on a new 40th Anniversary GTI 6-speed. It should arrive by the end of May. I'm pretty excited (obviously). Anyone on the forum have this trim? I'd love to hear your thoughts. I'm debating whether to chip tune it. Any thoughts on Stage 1...