GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

samgti16v

Passed Driver's Ed
Following on from my last post I thought I would take the risk and update my infotainment myself from 1899 to 1941 and it all worked flawlessly, icon for vehicle has changed and it feels a lot snappier.

File was over 10Gb and I used a USB-C memory stick to do the update. However I would not recommend doing this as I was told there was a high risk involved.

IMG_3923.jpeg
IMG_3922.jpeg

Mr. Higgins

Maybe off topic, but is there a software difference between the 8.5 inch version and the 10 inch verson? I'll be picking up my 40th anniversary GTI in late May and would like it to be updated to the latest software version.

stefanox

Passed Driver's Ed
Following on from my last post I thought I would take the risk and update my infotainment myself from 1899 to 1941 and it all worked flawlessly, icon for vehicle has changed and it feels a lot snappier.

File was over 10Gb and I used a USB-C memory stick to do the update. However I would not recommend doing this as I was told there was a high risk involved.

View attachment 279755View attachment 279756
Do you notice a difference? are you still having trouble rebooting?

dan17

I have made my own video with the guide and all the details in the description.

Do this at your own risk, it worked for me but might not for everyone else:

Maybe a silly question....what if you don't have a battery charger?
Does it actually need power, better with the engine running?
And thank you so much for this, very useful.

samgti16v

Passed Driver's Ed
Maybe a silly question....what if you don't have a battery charger?
Does it actually need power, better with the engine running?
And thank you so much for this, very useful.
Hi,

I’m not sure whether it will work with engine running or not but better to try with, as if the battery goes below a certain voltage mid update and cuts power to the infotainment it could corrupt the system.

floraur

Hey, thanks for sharing!
this is my car's hardware, Golf GTE 2021,
Do you think this package is for me also?

Attachments

• IMG_7063.jpg
    IMG_7063.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 128

samgti16v

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey, thanks for sharing!
this is my car's hardware, Golf GTE 2021,
Do you think this package is for me also?
Hi,
That is the software and hardware my car was on when I first bought it so yes it will run this update. However I would update to the to either the 1890 or 1899 software first rather than straight to the 19xx versions.

The files are the 2 above the 1941 file, make sure when you extract it all the files are not within any folders on the usb stick or the car won’t see the update

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Hi,

Has anyone tried updating their MIB3 system themselves. I’ve found a website with the new 1941 update file on it and was wondering if anyone had tried to do the update with a USB-C stick.

I have used files from website before to update mib2 so was wondering if anyone has given it a go with their mk8 golf mib3 system.

I have put a link to a YouTube video where someone does it themselves:

The update file is called MOI3_EU_VW_R9410L(1941)If you have warranty I would be careful installing software and especially with no TPI referencing that software from VW.

If you have warranty I would be careful updating the software of the infotainment and especially with no TPI referencing that software from VW.
I know of 3 Golf 8's that have had the 1941 installed and no problems. It seems to solve a problem with the harmon/kardon speakers too or so it was mentioned.

floraur

If you have warranty I would be careful updating the software of the infotainment and especially with no TPI referencing that software from VW.
I know of 3 Golf 8's that have had the 1941 installed and no problems. It seems to solve a problem with the harmon/kardon speakers too or so it was mentioned.
Why? This is there software, is the car can past safely over the update, I don't think VW will say something... no reason for that.

samgti16v

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes, I still have approved used warranty but I decided the benefits of having a much smoother infotainment experience outweighed the risks. I think if they were to invalidate warranty it would just be for the screen not for anything else.

You could just update to 1899 as the tpi is out for that and I don’t expect that would be of any cause for concern

samgti16v

Passed Driver's Ed
So you think I should let the car on charging, when I will go the update?
Yes definitely make sure the battery has some kind of charging device before applying this. I think the dealer did it with my engine running for the 1899 as my mpg was really low when I drove it home.