GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by TRUboost

1. T

am i insane to consider this?

V6....pass. That would be the most expensive winter set up ever.
  2. T

am i insane to consider this?

V6....pass. That would be the most expensive winter set up ever.
  3. T

COBB Ford Focus ST Test – Review – Car and Driver

The article states that more than half of that money was spent on wheels and tires. $2500 worth of performance bits for all that power is nice but it sure seems to struggle to put the power down. Would be a beast from a roll I bet.
  4. T

The Next Car Swap

Plac, you're never going to see a clean log with a OTS tune on CA gas. You either need to find a source of higher octane fuel to mix with 91 or get a protune. If you're getting excessive knock (which you aren't) you can work with Cobb to get a beta map. I had an issue when they first came out...
  5. T

The Next Car Swap

Plac, you're never going to see a clean log with a OTS tune on CA gas. You either need to find a source of higher octane fuel to mix with 91 or get a protune. If you're getting excessive knock (which you aren't) you can work with Cobb to get a beta map. I had an issue when they first came out...
  6. T

Thought I'd share what I got after selling the mk7 R...

They are rare because GM can't shift them to save their lives. Sweet car though, love it in white with the exception of the chrome wheels.
  7. T

Looking for opinions from previous STI owners...

I don't include the 04 because it's pretty bare bones and has the smaller 5x100 bolt pattern, besides those things it's the same and would also be a good choice. The 05 and 06 are identical chassis wise, I think the 06 has taller gearing. Your friend has a terrible engine tuner if he's blowing...
  8. T

05-06 STIs are absolutely bulletproof, I doubt unmolested ones will get any cheaper anytime soon. That being said they are easy and relatively inexpensive to maintain.
  9. T

I had a 06 and a 10. If your looking for a used GD I would stick with either a 05 or 06, 04 has the 5x100 hubs and no stereo. 07 is when they changed the emission system and they are finicky to tune from then on. I loved my 06, I would still have it if someone didn't crash into it.
  10. T

It's Happening... Subaru STI to get new engine.

I'd be the first in line for an STI without a EJ in it. The FA motor in the rex makes close to 300 bhp in the JDM Legacy so it's not to farfetched to think it could make it into the STI.
  11. T

Where do you stash your pistol when you're driving?

They are about $20 cheaper on Keffer if I'm looking at the diagram correctly. Part # is 5K088260182V
  12. T

My 2015 STi has arrived

Congrats man. I owned a GD and a GR STI. Once you get over their hideousness and terrible interiors they are amazing machines. Make sure you research to death before modding, they are fickle little beasts.
  13. T

Shit with Russia is getting real

Word. What We've (US and Europe) have been able to do to the value of their money in a relatively short time is impressive. Interested to see what those crazy mofo's do when they get real desperate.
  14. T

MkVIII GTI to get 10-speed dual-clutch gearbox

Its not slightly taller, it's way taller. My GLI turns about 2800 RPM at 80 mph. The GTI is probably in the 3300 range. GLI probably does an extra 40-45 miles per tank on the highway.
  15. T

Illegal Alien Amnesty thread - now with POLE!

I'm sure those dead beats on welfare will just jump at the opportunity to fill those labor intensive jobs.