GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Ah ok. Share pics whenever u can plz? I want to buy one but dunno if to paint it black on my white gti. Or paint it white

Well, should be able to help you out. He went with black on his Pure White.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Picked my Alltrack up after 8 weeks at Smith VW for the panoleak, 7,8xx miles on the odo.

I dropped my new RSE-10’s wrapped in AS4’s off yesterday so I could get the car back with the wheels on it.

it looks so. Freaking. Good. I’m falling in love with the car again
Pics?

how are the as4’s? I got a nice short drive in them and they felt better than every summer tire I’ve driven on, except the super sports and 4s

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
OMG! May u plz share pics when u can?

Will do.

Here's a sneak peek.

PXL_20210110_023124409.PORTRAIT.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I have a new found respect for you North Men.... Worked on my car outside for an hour and a half and my fingers pretty much stopped working haha.

Dr. Heater takes care of that!

That's why it's in my garage overnight, so it wouldn't have to sit out below freezing while trying to set.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Picked my Alltrack up after 8 weeks at Smith VW for the panoleak, 7,8xx miles on the odo.

I dropped my new RSE-10’s wrapped in AS4’s off yesterday so I could get the car back with the wheels on it.

it looks so. Freaking. Good. I’m falling in love with the car again
How has your experience with Smith been? I just moved back to the area after 5 years away and I used to dread going there for warranty work. Even the smallest jobs would take weeks and then be incorrect. But they're the only dealer a reasonable distance from me.

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
How has your experience with Smith been? I just moved back to the area after 5 years away and I used to dread going there for warranty work. Even the smallest jobs would take weeks and then be incorrect. But they're the only dealer a reasonable distance from me.
Last time I went to them was about a year ago (moved away). They were always great. Always took good care of my car when I went there for warranty work. I had maybe one issue but it was minor.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Spent like 4 hours attempting to repair/fresh my front bumper/underbelly. Turns out removing the lower front valence (that’s attached to the bumper cover) is a total bitch. As usual, accomplished pretty much nothing.

CC82ADB2-7ABF-47EE-8386-FD4E1D0B465C.jpeg

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Hovered my finger over the checkout button at littco to pull the trigger on an L380x. Then, decided against it. I told myself I wasn't doing a swap until eqt comes out with an ots tune for IS38 E30 gtis. Then I thought about buying one and just holding it until that happens. Littco was out of stock for a very long time.

Now I'm thinking just wait and buy a standard IS38 from Fcp when it's time. If I could bring the whole swap in for $~1300 and minimal tune fiddling, then it'd be worth it.

Besides that, there's still nothing left to do besides the usual maintenance items. I will need new tires very soon. My extreme contacts are almost done. Might go ps4s next.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI

So my experience with them was less than stellar if I’m being completely honest. My service rep never once reached out to me in 8 weeks - I had to reach out every. Single. Time. For an update. and when I would not be able to get through to them and leave a voicemail, I received no response. And when I DID get through to them, they would give me the absolute bare minimum information, often no different than the last update from the previous week. And I understand - if there’s no legitimate update, then so be it. But explain it. Explain WHY it’s taking 8 weeks to get the work done. I essentially had to infer and figure it out on my own, which the average customer would not be able to do since the average customer isn’t obsessed with and knowledgeable about VW/cars like me.

it went like this:
1. Drop car Friday Nov 11/13
2. Monday 11/16, they call to tell me my sunroof frame is cracked and they need to order the part. It is on national back order, so it is expected to take 3-4 weeks to receive the part.
3. Manufacturer shipment of back ordered frames arrives at VW’s North American parts distribution warehouse Wednesday 12/16.
4. Frame is received by Smith VW the week of Christmas.
5. The shop’s master tech is on vacation until January 4th. No work is performed until he returns.
6. I call them Tuesday 1/5, my car will be ready Friday.
7. Picked up yesterday, 1/9.

two positives of my experience:

1. I accidentally purchased the wrong APR Dogbone Insert for my car, but happened to have a leftover insert from previous vehicle that was the correct type. I installed the old insert at first but it was already bent from previous vehicle and the performance improvement wasn’t fantastic. Whe I brought the car back for the warranty work, they swapped out my BNIB Type 2 insert for a new Type 1 and installed that for me, all free.

2. They mounted my RSE-10’s to the car for free.

I’m guessing they didn’t charge me Bc 8 weeks in the shop lol

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R