GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
People who dislike front windshield tints usually have never driven a car with one. I've driven cars with FWT and didn't even notice it until later from outside of the car
I never had a tinted windshield before, but went with Xpel XR Plus 70% on my RS3 and it's completely imperceptible. Does a great job of blocking heat though. Glad to have done it.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Are those old-school metal rims?
Or are my eyes just bad?
i wanted me some for winter rims. i think they look nice.
Yeah old school steelies. To be correct 6x17“ steelies from the current Tiguan. I have chains (luckily never had to use them) and according to VW they only fit on 6x17 w/ 205/50R17. The offset is off by a couple of millimeters but it will work it’s way out…

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
View attachment 298384

It's really not that dark.

The Las Vegas sun is brutal.

People who dislike front windshield tints usually have never driven a car with one. I've driven cars with FWT and didn't even notice it until later from outside of the car
That’s truth…. I’ve never driven one or been in a car with it, so take my reaction with that known. VA it’s illegal so I never see it either

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I did 80% on my car. I've got some co-workers with 15% on their windshields. Now that shit is dark.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
i was just looking at the spec's of it. Said it was 10" high and 10" wide. Didn't look that high compared to the width.
Wishing i'd known about this sooner. Later is better than never, right?
Thanks guys!
I saw something like this on Legit Street Cars the other day. I might go ahead and buy one with multiple nozzles: 7 nozzle pressure washer

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Pictures are bad because the parking lot has good lighting (which is good), but you get it. Door handle lights tied to the mirror puddle light. So when you unlock the mirrors unfold and then the puddle and handle lights come on.
PXL_20240127_004822115.jpgPXL_20240127_051800145.NIGHT.jpgPXL_20240127_051823409.jpgPXL_20240127_051827263.jpg

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
View attachment 2024-01-26 13.36.49.jpg

Removed door, cleaned up the general area, and placed all the parts indoors. With the door off I have a better look at the hinge and how out of alignment it is. I think its about 1cm from where it needs to be. My plan of attack is to use a hydraulic puller attached directly to the hinge and pull 180 degrees from direction where force was applied in the accident. Slowly, checking door alignment as I go. Still sourcing a door and fender, hoping to snatch a white one.

Last edited:

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Well…. Today I realized you can change the rear shock by literally only removing the shock. I’ve been disconnecting the end link and control arm too all this time 😂. Classic. Make shit harder than it needs to be.

Work harder, not smarter, right?
I think the manual even has you disconnect the level sensor. It's more work unscrewing all of the fender liner bits

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
I think the manual even has you disconnect the level sensor. It's more work unscrewing all of the fender liner bits
Honestly I was just going by the procedure to replace the spring since I had previously replaced the spring isolators. It never occurred to me that the procedure for the shock would be different. Makes since why since you can compress the shock by hand, but you can’t do that with the spring.

Mass_Paul

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf MK7 GTI S
Installed the Euro Sport Upper Front Stress Bar. Very straight forward and easy to do. Just as an FYI, I did not have the bolts and wanted to confirm proper installation. I sent an email to Euro Sport and they replied right back providing me with the bolt specs, an attachment of the instructions and offer to provide any other assistance. Great customer support.

PXL_20240127_162616501~2.jpg

PXL_20240127_163858415~2(1).jpg

PXL_20240127_163914588~2.jpg