GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I'm not a gambling man, lol. They get changed out every 2nd/3rd oil change thanks to FCP.
so I go back to some other variation outside of the tune, which was running fine for 70k

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
Installed new Ruth's, SC Skunkwerks CGH, new Euro Zone Tuning steering wheel and cleaned the air filter.

IMG20240129162503.jpg

IMG20240129143454.jpg

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Some hacking away at the set of pillars I picked up from @crxgator. These experimental ones are fender so they have the silver trim but my non-finder pillars have black trim. So when I do the final install I'll figure out something to blend the edges of the tweeter with the trim. Of course it will look better when there's not that contrast of black and silver anyway.

PXL_20240130_002038265.MP.jpgPXL_20240130_002431802.jpgPXL_20240130_003335070.jpgPXL_20240130_004944663.MP.jpg

Last picture is the non-fender pillar in my car, for reference...

PXL_20240130_005227949.jpg

Pods are out of the question. And these tweeters are clearly not ideal but I can live with this once I figure out a way to blend it.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Long time coming but external soundaktor speaker finally installed! Several, like almost double digit, exhaust shops said they couldn't (or wouldn't) install it. Anyway, didn't have stainless hardware of the right size so hardware you see will be replaced with stainless after a trip to Home Depot. Wiring will get run through the wheel well grommet at some point, but I did temporarily connect outside of the car... sounded pretty damn neat. And if you don't know what in hades I'm talking about... it's this, although not installed in factory GTD location.
External Sound Aktor.jpg

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Some hacking away at the set of pillars I picked up from @crxgator. These experimental ones are fender so they have the silver trim but my non-finder pillars have black trim.

Pods are out of the question. And these tweeters are clearly not ideal but I can live with this once I figure out a way to blend it.
Now hear me out…😂 what if you ignore the 3” 😂
IMG_9323.jpeg
IMG_9322.png

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
You sonofa... damnit those look good. How much?
No idea the guys in Italy and his shop website is hard to navigate 🤷🏼‍♂️

There is this cheap option that will work with the SI measurements with a tiny bit of opening the whole. Then you can plastic filler them in smooth and rewrap the a-pillar.
Tweeter “pod”

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
No idea the guys in Italy and his shop website is hard to navigate 🤷🏼‍♂️

There is this cheap option that will work with the SI measurements with a tiny bit of opening the whole. Then you can plastic filler them in smooth and rewrap the a-pillar.
Tweeter “pod”
Yea I got to their page, couldn't figure out a thing. I don't want to do any of that, although the results will be an order of magnitude better than what I have going on now. I don't really have the motivation to find a shop that can do it, even ignoring the cost.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Long time coming but external soundaktor speaker finally installed! Several, like almost double digit, exhaust shops said they couldn't (or wouldn't) install it. Anyway, didn't have stainless hardware of the right size so hardware you see will be replaced with stainless after a trip to Home Depot. Wiring will get run through the wheel well grommet at some point, but I did temporarily connect outside of the car... sounded pretty damn neat. And if you don't know what in hades I'm talking about... it's this, although not installed in factory GTD location.
How much was it for the speaker and how hard was it to install? Hmmmmm.........