GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

THE Formula One Thread

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Qualifying at 3am Eastern for a US-hosted grand prix? Race at 1am Eastern? What in the actual f@&%?

hans611

Lost
Vegas baby :rolleyes:

Anyways, ofc it had to be Ferrari.... they lost a chassis and entire PU.... reports say the valve made a hole in the cockpit, you could see the road.

Glad Sainz wasnt injured..... total clusterfuck.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
To be honest I thought this race was going to a mickey mouse one. Boy was I wrong about that. While Lost Wages holds less than zero interest for me their race was really a great one. I hope Norris is OK.

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
To be honest I thought this race was going to a mickey mouse one. Boy was I wrong about that. While Lost Wages holds less than zero interest for me their race was really a great one. I hope Norris is OK.
Same. I thought it would be a 20 car long DRS train. Wow was I wrong. In fact I don't remember really seeing any DRS trains. I just watched it again and it's even better the 2nd time. The track at night looked great and so did Vegas around the track (never been to Vegas)

hans611

Lost
Same tried seeing it last night but it was just too late, ended up snoozing a couple of time, but not because it was boring lol....

Saw it again this morning and it was a great race... lots of battles.... the long straights and minimal corners helps...

In contrast to say Saudi Arabia that has also lots of straights but the straights are full of slight high speed corners and Ss, you cant quite race in those... here there was so many opportunities to pass.

So the track might be a bit boring during say qualifying but in a race condition, tons of fun... Even Max and Leclerc said that in the car ride back to the podium.

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Lap 28 Yas marina and I'm thinking Lando can jump from 6th to 4th over Sainz and Alonso in the driver's standings. Or did I just jinx it? 😳
Let's go Lando!

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Well Lando stayed in 6th. McLaren held on to 4th. Mercedes snagged 2nd. Not a fan of this track. It looks great at night. But half the race is a DRS train. Then eventually everyone settles in to 5 see seconds separating everyone. Blah

hans611

Lost
The changes in 2021 helped a lot, there were a few battles in turn 9, etc, but yeah most attempts were at the end of the long straight at turn 6.... its definitely the weakest of the Middle Eastern Tracks (Bahrain, Qatar...)

I actually like Bahrain, the 2014 Rosberg v. Hamilton battle was great.... the "Sakhir" configuration from 2020 was even better imo

DangerDane2008

Drag Racing Champion
Andretti approved by FIA but not liberty media/F1 because they won’t be competitive.

Meanwhile you can throw a 10 year old in a kart and they can get more points than vids cash app ebay only fans alibaba Wells Fargo racing bull and haas put together

They even offered to pay the $20,000,000 for existing teams to not lose money. Make it make sense

Mass_Paul

Go Kart Newbie
The problem is that you are trying to make sense of an organization(s) that never makes logical decisions and/or is ruled by back-door deals and corruption (Bernie Ecclestone, 2019 Ferrari Engine, Red Bull essentially having 2 teams, etc.). Andretti & Cadillac/GM, who excel in Indy, WEC, NASCAR, etc., are globally known brands and also would bring a bigger audience from The US. The only reason they do not approve this is that it somehow lessens the payout over the next several years to current stakeholders and team managers. The only 11th team they would approve is someone who comes in and over pays and then further grease palms with backroom payoffs. No different than FIFA, Olympics, etc.

F1 is in a position to really take off on every continent. Instead of further inclusion for long term health they throw more sprint races and road courses. A few more seasons of not only non-competitive championships, but the abundance of street courses that do not allow for passing and entertaining races is going to hurt the sport.