GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. GTi-GUY86

Farewell MK6

So this is my farewell to the MK6 world :cry:. I officially sold the car and moved to my new wheels. Got into a 12 Charger R/T w/STP fully loaded. The GTI was a lot of fun, somewhat pratical, and was a blast but it was time to let it go. Had to move up to four doors lol. Gonna miss the GTI but...
  2. GTi-GUY86

Vagcom thread search

Thanks guy!
  3. GTi-GUY86

Vagcom thread search

Real simple, I'm searching for a Vagcom thread from yesterday that I can't find. It had a list of almost all the tweaks and adjustments most of us have/want done to our cars. Yes I search but came up empty. If anyone knows the link can you post it? TIA
  4. GTi-GUY86

RWD GTI???...

I agree but this is just a "what if" lol.
  5. GTi-GUY86

RWD GTI???...

If I could do this I would have the engine longitudinal like some of the Audi's I've seen. Possible use A4 engine mounts and tranny if they fit. Golf R rear and gas tank to add. Just an idea but if I had the funds I would definately do this as a build just to have something different.
  6. GTi-GUY86

RWD GTI???...

I dont think it would have that much of a negative effect only because you would be able to fix the understeer with oversteer and hopefully it will balance out since you would then be able to throw the back end of the car out in the corners :D. Curious to know whats the weight distribution ratio...
  7. GTi-GUY86

RWD GTI???...

I will agree that the GTI is a fast FWD car and its also the fastest one that I have ever driven thats FWD. AWD on this car would always be appealing (at least to me) but RWD would just be amazing. I wonder how must it would throw off the drivability of the car though...
  8. GTi-GUY86

RWD GTI???...

Ok. I havent heard of any on any model but I thought it would be really cool to have a RWD MK6. It would completely catch people off guard to smoke the back tires! :w00t:
  9. GTi-GUY86

RWD GTI???...

So I always hear and read about everyone longing for the day that someone (APR, tuner company, etc) builds and releases an AWD conversion for the GTI. Because I like to be different and think outside the box, has anyone every considered doing the first RWD GTI instead? I have pondered the idea a...
  10. GTi-GUY86

WTBCODY

Hey guys and girls Just wanted to say what a cool guy Cody was. I sold a set of FK Streetlines with all the needed hardware to him. He kept constant communication with me and made it a smooth deal. Even met up half way for delivery! Definitely would do business with him again. And thanks again...
  11. GTi-GUY86

family history of VWs

I came from a MK4 TDI that got passed to me during college and my dad had a B4 passat. Now I'm in a MK6 GTI and my lil bro is in a MK6 GLI. Recently my mom went to a A3. My dad has a E55, its no dub but its still german! Dubs are starting to overtake our family! :w00t:
  12. GTi-GUY86

And gun people? XDM or PX4 or PPQ

Based on the fact that it will be a home defense weapon, I would go with the XDM. I've personally had one and a friend has one as well. Can never have enough safety features and for that reason alone this I why I chose the XDM especially since it most likely be stored somewhere in the home...
  13. GTi-GUY86

Acura NSX Discussion

Missed this post Grambles. In this case, yes the NSX will have been the first to do this one. Porsche just simply added electric motors the drive the front wheels but lack having an electric motor on the AWD system itself. Props the Acura/Honda for a industry first!
  14. GTi-GUY86

Acura NSX Discussion

In my opinion, neither the Porsche or the NSX are true AWD vehicles. The 918 and the NSX have the same setup as far as Mid-Engine with electric motors to drive the front wheels. Not sure about the set up on the 911 GT3 R but I'm sure its pretty similar to the 918 if not the same.
  15. GTi-GUY86

Acura NSX Discussion

Grambles I almost forgot about the 911 GT3 R Hybrid as well. Cant forget that one lol
  16. GTi-GUY86

Acura NSX Discussion

This is true. One company who does have them beat in the hybrid supercar category is Porsche with the 918 RSR Hybrid. For what it is, the car is simply amazing!
  17. GTi-GUY86

Acura NSX Discussion

I like the design and the concept route that they are taking with the new NSX, but I am disappointed with the engine choices. Would have loved to see the V10 make it in there of even a V8, hell a turbo V6 lol. Going back to the NA V6 is kind of a drag but you do get two electric motors to drive...
  18. GTi-GUY86

PC or Mac?

^^^^ This lol. MacBook Pro :cool: