GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acura NSX Discussion

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/01/09/acura-nsx-concept-detroit-2012/

http://www.motortrend.com/auto_shows/detroit/2012/1203_2012_detroit_acura_nsx_concept/

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/acura-nsx-concept-news

Discuss.

Last edited:

t'sGTI

Go Kart Champion
I will believe it when I see it. They have been talking about
a new NSX for years. Honda would be better off coming out with
a new S2000 which would sell in small numbers but more that the
4 - 500 per year that the NSX will sell.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I will believe it when I see it. They have been talking about
a new NSX for years. Honda would be better off coming out with
a new S2000 which would sell in small numbers but more that the
4 - 500 per year that the NSX will sell.

Yep

Phalanxr

Ready to race!
Looks fucking amazing, but i would probably never ever be able to afford it.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Looks fucking amazing, but i would probably never ever be able to afford it.

They're definitely aiming for affordable. Whatever that might be.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
yep

GTi-GUY86

Ready to race!
I like the design and the concept route that they are taking with the new NSX, but I am disappointed with the engine choices. Would have loved to see the V10 make it in there of even a V8, hell a turbo V6 lol. Going back to the NA V6 is kind of a drag but you do get two electric motors to drive the front wheels. I guess we will have to wait and see what the final product will be.

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Its one of those concept designs that are over the top... would love to see it in person to make a fair assessment...
Interesting technology though I am eager to see it at its final stage

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I like the design and the concept route that they are taking with the new NSX, but I am disappointed with the engine choices. Would have loved to see the V10 make it in there of even a V8, hell a turbo V6 lol. Going back to the NA V6 is kind of a drag but you do get two electric motors to drive the front wheels. I guess we will have to wait and see what the final product will be.

The V10 was an amazing engine during development (~530hp 8000RPM redline) but it simply was not innovative enough to keep the market going. And definitely tip toed on their "Green" philosophy

The fact that Honda has introduced a new SH-AWD Hybrid system with 3 Electric motors and an NA DI V6 that will be tuned for amazing power, is a step forward to the future. Name one company that has developed a TRUE hybrid super car. Honda did not want to take a back seat on this, they wanted to move the market forward.

Hopefully, it performs as well as they say it will.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Its one of those concept designs that are over the top... would love to see it in person to make a fair assessment...
Interesting technology though I am eager to see it at its final stage

Those headlights more than likely will not make it through planning, but not much will probably change.

FYI it looks amazing in person.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I've always had a soft spot for the NSX and remember buying my new 1991 Integra with one parked next to it at the dealer (yes, I'm old).

The NSX is the original Japanese exotic car.

The market is vastly different today then it was 21 years ago when the original NSX hit our shores. It will be interesting to see if Honda can reinvent the Japanese exotic car.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I've always had a soft spot for the NSX and remember buying my new 1991 Integra with one parked next to it at the dealer (yes, I'm old).

The NSX is the original Japanese exotic car.

The market is vastly different today then it was 21 years ago when the original NSX hit our shores. It will be interesting to see if Honda can reinvent the Japanese exotic car.

Its still, to this day, one of the best cars ever made. AND still outperforms a lot of modern day cars.

Personally, I love Honda's direction. They've always felt they can tap a ECO Friendly performance market and deliver at the same time. They learned from some wrong doings (CR-Z) but at least they're doing it. This technology will trickle down the lineup, hopefully, and provide the new vision more of a better outlook.

Face it, having 500+HP, instant torque, while getting 30+MPG would be AMAZING

t'sGTI

Go Kart Champion
Don't get me wrong, I hope they build it but unless Honda sales rebound I think there is too much that can happen between now and three years from now when it comes out. Honda's too conservative approach has been hurting their sales of late not to mention the earthquake.

As far as affordability I saw this...

"The decision to build the second-generation NSX was made prior to Japan’s March 2011 earthquake and tsunami, Iwamura said. While the company didn’t provide pricing for the new car, Iwamura said in a December interview in Las Vegas that the model couldn’t be sold for less than $100,000"

When it comes out I think it will be considerably more than $100,000. Price
was what doomed the first NSX to be a financial failure for Honda even though it was a great car. The people who can afford cars like this are buying a name and want the cache that goes along with it like "Ferrari" not Honda, Acura or Lexus.

GTi-GUY86

Ready to race!
The V10 was an amazing engine during development (~530hp 8000RPM redline) but it simply was not innovative enough to keep the market going. And definitely tip toed on their "Green" philosophy

The fact that Honda has introduced a new SH-AWD Hybrid system with 3 Electric motors and an NA DI V6 that will be tuned for amazing power, is a step forward to the future. Name one company that has developed a TRUE hybrid super car. Honda did not want to take a back seat on this, they wanted to move the market forward.

Hopefully, it performs as well as they say it will.

This is true. One company who does have them beat in the hybrid supercar category is Porsche with the 918 RSR Hybrid. For what it is, the car is simply amazing!

GTi-GUY86

Ready to race!
Grambles I almost forgot about the 911 GT3 R Hybrid as well. Cant forget that one lol