GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

Folks, little bro is growing up fast - Welcome the Polo R

I'd love to have had the option to cross shop those two. My real dream car is the A1 Quattro they're only making 333 of...
  2. D

I Cheated on the GTI... Shhh (Abarth Content)

You really can't judge any car made today by something the same company did almost 40 years ago.
  3. D

Women & Manual Transmissions

Another member of the "my wife drives manual" club here.
  4. D

MKVII to be built in Mexico

This thread could use some more purely anecdotal evidence.
  5. D

MKVII to be built in Mexico

This. If there are problems with the current Mexican factories, VW should deal with them. Those problems don't invalidate the possibility of building a good car there.
  6. D

Cops

One thing I've noticed in the VA area is that different police departments have different attitudes they seem to teach to all their officers. State police are hard-asses, Fairfax police tend to be straight-up jerks no matter what, but the majority of my dealings with Alexandria, Arlington, and...
  7. D

Cops

Also, if you successfully delay your court date, it might get moved to a date the officer has no other cases to show up for. If he doesn't show up to testify, you're often free to go.
  8. D

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

I just convinced her. I may have promised her a completely tricked out Mini Rocketman when they go into production. Worth it.
  9. D

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

Obligatory long-winded introduction: I'm Dayv (pronounced like Dave), I live in the Washington D.C. area, and I've never owned a VW. I have fond memories of riding in Beetles and other VWs as a child (some of them in Germany), but was a Japanese car guy for the first decade-and-change of my...