GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

e-hybrid display confusion

In cold weather the car doesn't give you full battery power, the gap shows you how much power is not available. Gap also gets bigger once charge drops below 20% or so
  2. A

e-hybrid display confusion

The white section shows when regeneration is taking place while decelerating or when the engine is charging the battery. The line above that extends up to the 12 o'clock position shows how much electric power is being used. I think the colour varies according to the colour scheme you've chosen.
  3. A

Travel assist and emergency assist errors

Does anyone have experience of how VW are handling software issues for cars that are out of warranty? I might be in the market for a 2 or 3 year old next year.
  4. A

Mk 8 GTE RANGE > always 25 miles max.

I've run a Style eHybrid for 18,000 miles, same electrics as GTE. Typical battery only range is between 17-22 miles.
  5. A

Where's the 12v battery on an eHybrid?

Back in the UK yesterday and persuaded a VW dealer to book the car in for next Tuesday. This morning I decided to try switching on and rebooting again. Guess what - it worked, all back to normal. Is it a coincidence that it had it's first full charge last night since it went wrong 10 days ago...
  6. A

Fuses removed and replaced, made no difference. VW dealership in Montpellier offered book the car in for three weeks time. I actually hate this car now.
  7. A

Fuses is a good idea, thanks, will try that in the morning if the cursed thing hasn't sorted itself out. Why oh why did I sell my 7.5 GTD?
  8. A

Hi, have had a major infotainment crash, parking sensor and SOS call fail etc etc. while on holiday in France. Thought I'd try disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, but can't find it - does anyone know? Does it even have a normal 12v battery? Yours in hope.
  9. A

Couple questions about setting up some stuff

Unless it's an eHybrid Style, in which case it does have drive mode selection 😁
  10. A

EHybrid tyres

Hi all. I've just had to replace the front tyres on my EHybrid after 12,000. They were Falken E310. I got 19,000 miles out of the fronts on my last car, a GTD estate. Has anyone else found that the EHybrid eats tyres?
  11. A

Newbie hybrid question

As a footnote, I'm sure there is no option in navigation to set up a return journey, but there's a way to do it: when starting off, set the hybrid system to reserve 50% of the battery for the return - simple!
  12. A

Newbie hybrid question

Agreed. I try to hold some in reserve, and then I end up trying to use it all up before I get home. Never a dull moment with a phev! The power boost seems to rely on reserve battery power, it still kicks in with no charge showing. I don't know how long it would last, I don't tend to use boost...
  13. A

Newbie hybrid question

I've done that, but I don't think it makes any difference to mpg. I think that's to do with physics...
  14. A

Newbie hybrid question

Just read Maturedriver's post, he's probably right, the VW nav will make sure it uses all the battery if it can. Unfortunately, you can't tell the car that you will be doing the return journey without recharging, so it won't help economy in that situation.
  15. A

Newbie hybrid question

Yes, the Golf Phevs do that. Mine's an ehybrid but it's the same set up. I don't think it's any more economical using the VW nav, it just saves the battery for any urban driving. There's no trick to getting the best economy, just start a long run in hybrid mode and let the car do its thing...
  16. A

manual diesel

I ran a dsg GTD 7.5 estate for 3 years. High 40s mpg in general use 55 mpg on motorway. Excellent car. Headlights and digital dash are easy way to tell them apart.
  17. A

Electric Drive not working correctly Fault

It seems to be completely inconsistent, and I was wrong about full power being available if the car was plugged in. My electric range is only around 20-25 miles at the moment.
  18. A

Realised today that you get full battery power regardless of temperature if the car has been plugged in. Maybe charging keeps the battery warm.
  19. A

Thanks for confirming that it's not just mine. Agreed, doesn't make much difference to driving, but can make the engine cut in when you don't want it to. I think it's governed by the temperature of the battery rather than air temperature.
  20. A

I haven't had that fault in my Ehybrid (yet). Does anyone else find that electric power is restricted in cold weather, indicated by the line line on the left of the rev counter / power guage stopping short of the vertical, like this?