GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. A

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

Please note that he info contained in the post by tos ONLY relates to VW's in Australia. There may be a similar facility on the VW UK site but I haven't looked yet. If I find anything I'll report back.
  2. A

Thanks Maturedriver I somehow had missed that. It all makes perfect sense what Massimo has said but am still a little concerned as it is VW after all. I'll wait and see if anything comes in the post before getting on to the Dealer.
  3. A

Does anyone in the UK have any idea when this software will be rolled out and how they intend to do it, ie by build date, sale date or what. NB As my voice control has started only working when it feels like it (new steering wheel and 1668 software) I'll believe it when I see it. I note that...
  4. A

Alexa?

I think it has been asked before and the answer was No. As I understand it you do need and data connection but it can be any operator you wish. However I don't see the benefit and won't be bothering.
  5. A

Voice control

I've had a new steering wheel and am on software v1668 and mine has just started listening and talking back to me when it feels like it. The new software (mentioned in another post) may improve matters but at the moment I doubt it is worth £2.49. If it works it would be worth it however. By...
  6. A

Fuel flap fails to open on first attempt

If it doesn't work and then it does, there is likey to be something wrong so report it when it is in. It may or may not be logged somewhere in the system but they will tell you after they have plugged it in. Maybe.
  7. A

Software Update

I have to ask this Massimo. Does the 1810 update solve the problems? I'm on 1668 but don't ever use the ACC (don't like that sort of thing nor do I trust it). 1668 has the odd lapses now and again but in essence has worked fine for me so far so I'm much, much happier with the car than...
  8. A

Can't see the cars odometer on the digital display

Strangely enough the lack of being able to display a trip meter/odometer in the digital display has been bugging me for some time. I had another go at it yesterday after reading the owners manual (as much use as a chocolate fireguard) and the nearest I got was a display in the centre part of...
  9. A

Software Update

Firmware only gets changed by a Dealer update tos. OTA updates are minor changes and you usually don't know what has been updated unless you notice that something has changed. NB A firmware update takes 4+ hours. That is why it is a Dealer job.
  10. A

Software Update

Ah! Mine drops out every now and again but as I don't go out much these days it isn't a problem. I hope I won't be at the Dealers again until next year but I'll try and remember then. Feedback from others re the 1810 update should be interesting when it happens. Thanks.
  11. A

Software Update

What is the OCU recall Handydave? I don't recall hearing about this before. Forgive me if I haven't been paying attention. With 1668 and new steering wheel I'm also happy at the moment.
  12. A

Trouble with travel assist

Quite SRGTD. I can understand the reasons why VW make the Dealers go through this process but it can (and will) lead to customers becoming brassed off with the whole process which may dissuade them from going VW next time. Winding the clock forward as you say, I can quite imagine there would...
  13. A

My software was updated to 1668 as VW had told the Dealer to do this first and if it didn't work that they would authorise a new steering wheel which they did after it didn't solve the problem. Problem solved. Everything OK to date anyway. It, disturbingly, seems as though there isn't a...
  14. A

I hear what you say PA262 but I also have a certain sympathy for the Dealers. I get the distinct impression, from my own dealings with my local Dealer, that the Dealers are very much hamstrung by VW in all of this. Rightly or wrongly they can't even blow their noses without the say so of VW so...
  15. A

Automatic tilt/dip of wing mirror?

It does work as it is supposed to do if you set it up as per the instructions provided by Massimo.
  16. A

No it is an early Style 1.5 tsi 150 ps. I say I haven't had any problems since the new steering wheel which is true but the are some things which I refuse to switch on, ie the ACC, as I am totally against software that acts for me. I strongly believe in driving my car and not have it drive for...
  17. A

That is a very interesting question StopDinging. I had presumed that it would affect all models fitted with this latest infotainment system etc. However this is only my assumption and I will be interested to hear if this is actually the case. By the way - since my software was updated to 1668...
  18. A

Auto Headlights activating when ignition off

It all sounds a bit wrong despite the ideas already made. I would talk to the Dealer if I were you as it might just be another software glitch. Not that they will be able do anything unless there is an update lurking somewhere!
  19. A

Software Update

I have a certain amount of sympathy with that view but it is easier said than done. Having said that I have no complaints, except for the crappy software, with the car. So we are all faced with the question of do we get into a position we wouldn't probably win or wait for VW to get their...
  20. A

Travel assist problems.

I'm on 1668 and had a new steering wheel and passenger airbag whatever and all seems to be working as it should be. I hasten to add that I refuse to try the ACC because of the much commented on problems with it because I deem it not to be safe. I think VW have admitted that currently a fix...