GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

10 Things I hate about selling a car on the internet

DougDome

Go Kart Champion
To all mentally challenged people making the most annoying attempts at asking me questions about my car:

1. No, I will not run an insurance check for you. I don't care if you don't have any accidents, are 26, and would do it yourself but you're on company internet. I know that you are a scam artist and I am not as dumb as you are.

2. No, I will not tell you what my insurance payments are like, because that's about as meaningful as what the second man on the moon said.

3. Quit telling me that you wish it was a DSG. Like I don't think that every time I'm stuck in bumper to bumper traffic for 3 hours at a time.

4. It is indeed a 2 door, not a 4 door. If you can't deal with that, then this is probably not the car for you. Because, you know, it only has, like, two doors.

5. That really sucks that you don't have the money now but you'll totally let me know when you do. Like, cool, bro. How about, like, you e-mail me when you have money and are actually willing to buy the car.

6. No, I will not go to the dealer and ask them if it is feasible to reassign the payments to you or if it is even possible. Go effing do it yourself if you want the car.

7. Please, for the love of God, stop asking me what the dealer "does" when the find out my car is tuned. They probably do what other humans would do after they find out, which is probably blink, or inhale, or exhale, or whatever normal bodily function occurs after observing something meaningless.

8. No, $15,000 is not an acceptable price for my car. Kindly fuck off.

9. No, I will not pay to ship the car, nor will I help you out and find out how much it costs to do. Go ask your mom to do it, because that's obviously how you get things done normally.

10. I like my Dieselgeek short shifter. Really tightens things up.

If you really are interested in my car, and you find that the price I am asking is reasonable, please feel free to ask me as many questions as you want, as you will find that I am very responsive and considerate. But please, if you're not serious or haven't done a single thing for yourself in your life, then have your mom e-mail me and we can sort things out and don't waste my time.

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion

fcbayern8

Ready to race!
Why I love leasing; so I dont have to deal with all the shit and people youre dealing with haha. Good looking Autobahn though, seems like a steal..surprised it hasnt sold yet.

cbursten

Banned
10 reasons to move on to the next seller, summed up in one simple phrase - bad attitude. Don't like it? Don't try to sell your car on a car forum.

DougDome

Go Kart Champion
It was meant kind of as a humor thing.

I wasn't srs gyuzs, was kind of like looking for a "lolz haha liek that happened to me too"

It was more directed towards those vortex and Craigslist creepers...

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Lousy buyer support?

DougDome

Go Kart Champion
10 reasons why Carmax is doing so well...heh

Yeah you're 100% right. Especially when selling a car so close to new, there's a very funny market for it. I feel like it was so much easier selling a car when the only place to list it was the local papers. That made sure you only saw local listings and it was the only place to look.

The internet spread things out too much and lets people ask whatever is on their mind at the moment, which gets tedious.

My statements should by no means be interpreted as complaining or b*tching, I'm just musing and sharing my experiences.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Had ALL of these issues selling my Civic. Listed as $9K and got offers for $4K.....WTF?!?!

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
It's why I always trade in my cars now. I know I'm leaving money on the table, but I don't give a rats ass. It's TOTALLY worth that price to me to avoid the private party hassle.