GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1962 Chevy II

eightyseven

Ready to race!
Nice ride man, eventually planning on getting a 1963 nova!

That'll be the day -_-

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
Damn that thing is cleannn. Nice ride, always loved the Chevy IIs. Wish my '71 was as clean as yours.

Cool find! Good luck. And yea, 750cfm is way too big a carb for that small block. That's a rat motor carb. Good call.

Really? I run a 770 edelbrock on my SB 350 with a mild cam and camel humps that have been worked on and it runs like a beast.

OP why the switch from 750 to 500? I had a 600 or a 650 ( forgot which size ) and it choked up the motor.

WAP

Go Kart Champion
Really? I run a 770 edelbrock on my SB 350 with a mild cam and camel humps that have been worked on and it runs like a beast.

OP why the switch from 750 to 500? I had a 600 or a 650 ( forgot which size ) and it choked up the motor.

You might be right but my buddy ran a 750 in his 500 cid '68 Caddy Eldo and I briefly owned a (non-running) 454 and I had bought a 750 Holley with vacuum secondaries for it on the advice of the local speed shop. :iono:

JT641

Banned
Nice ride one of my favorite old chevy's, Wouldn't go down to a 500cfm though I would go with a 600 either DBL pumper or with vacuum secondaries.

Here's a few pic's of just a couple of my past old muscle cars

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
Damn that thing is cleannn. Nice ride, always loved the Chevy IIs. Wish my '71 was as clean as yours.

It's a 750 double pumper so it floods the engine with fuel and makes it run really rich. I just picked up a 600 with vacuum secondary and will throw it on this week. If it was a hot 327 like the corvettes came with (350hp) I would probably stick with the 750 and deal with the rough idle, but I don't think this engine is very powerful, so it definitely needs a better matched carb.

Nice ride one of my favorite old chevy's, Wouldn't go down to a 500cfm though I would go with a 600 either DBL pumper or with vacuum secondaries.

Here's a few pic's of just a couple of my past old muscle cars
[/IMG]
Thanks man. That's some beautiful cars. I went with a 600 with a vacuum secondary.

WAP

Go Kart Champion
It's a 750 double pumper so it floods the engine with fuel and makes it run really rich. I just picked up a 600 with vacuum secondary and will throw it on this week. If it was a hot 327 like the corvettes came with (350hp) I would probably stick with the 750 and deal with the rough idle, but I don't think this engine is very powerful, so it definitely needs a better matched carb.

Yea. that's kinda what I thought...:thumbsup:

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
You might be right but my buddy ran a 750 in his 500 cid '68 Caddy Eldo and I briefly owned a (non-running) 454 and I had bought a 750 Holley with vacuum secondaries for it on the advice of the local speed shop. :iono:

ah i see. well car looks clean OP. I'm very jelly.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Sweet ride! Classics are always awesome to own.

What are your long term plans for it?

r15maniac

Go Kart Champion
Very cool.

Personally the only thing it looks like that I'd do is get a factory grill.

And I too am not too sure why the 750 isn't working. I ran a 850 thermoquad on my 283 that was actually re-jetted to 1030. Maybe the 750 just needs a rebuild?

Yes it was a wee bit if a dog under 3K rpm, but after that it was like NOS and a turbo kicked in. It was freaky as shit if you weren't paying attention and the cool thing was you could watch the fuel gauge dive almost as fast as your speed increased.

Otherwise great car. Enjoy it.

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
Those are 7" headlights, right?

Should drop a few hundred on these slick ass LED lights! I've been seeing them on OTR trucks lately and they light up the road better than HID! I am going to be getting a set for my 78 Volvo 242.
http://www.drivetrainamerica.com/p-...&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CN_xg-mZxL0CFbTm7Aoddm0AZA

I've been looking into those lights, they aren't too expensive.

Very cool.

Personally the only thing it looks like that I'd do is get a factory grill.

And I too am not too sure why the 750 isn't working. I ran a 850 thermoquad on my 283 that was actually re-jetted to 1030. Maybe the 750 just needs a rebuild?

Yes it was a wee bit if a dog under 3K rpm, but after that it was like NOS and a turbo kicked in. It was freaky as shit if you weren't paying attention and the cool thing was you could watch the fuel gauge dive almost as fast as your speed increased.

Otherwise great car. Enjoy it.

750 is way too big for anything under 400hp I think. My 327 just had the rings fail, so instead of a rebuild I just ordered a 460hp/500tq 383 from a builder. I'll be running my 750 on that. Pics to come soon.

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
Sweet ride! Classics are always awesome to own.

What are your long term plans for it?

I was gonna do a vintage air setup this summer, but other then that, ahead of schedule I just picked up a new motor and in the next few years I'll be doing new front subframe, rebuild the rear suspension, get a 6 speed trans (auto), and probably a 12 bolt with posi out back. Also wanna do disk brakes on all 4 corners