GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

$200,000 Hyundai!

Meat

rack rack 'em
why? that's not even funny.

PanthersNHL7

Ready to race!
or the guys first EVER car was a hyundai and he was attached to it? naa, y in the hell would u do that

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Wow... I'm speechless. That's so sad!

brownbearGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
dude, that's so awesome, i was just thinking, that could be exactly what Hyundai needs right now. I dont' know if you guys follow what they're trying to do. but essentially they're trying to build a brand, you've seen the commercials comparing them to lexuses and land rovers. it may turn out that the best way to do that is to go ahead and make a flagship model that no one would expect. something that raises eyebrows and captures people's attention. every legit brand needs real-world examples of why it's so cool. i.e. audi's entry into the racing circuit popularized quattros and made them a hit in the US. a flagship model that doesn't make profits, like the W12 650, that just gets people's attention, could be exactly what hyundai needs.

heftylefty

golfmkv elitist -_-
dude, that's so awesome, i was just thinking, that could be exactly what Hyundai needs right now. I dont' know if you guys follow what they're trying to do. but essentially they're trying to build a brand, you've seen the commercials comparing them to lexuses and land rovers. it may turn out that the best way to do that is to go ahead and make a flagship model that no one would expect. something that raises eyebrows and captures people's attention. every legit brand needs real-world examples of why it's so cool. i.e. audi's entry into the racing circuit popularized quattros and made them a hit in the US. a flagship model that doesn't make profits, like the W12 650, that just gets people's attention, could be exactly what hyundai needs.

wait are you being serious?...

da_17

Passed Driver's Ed
To make things worse, Kia (owned by Hyundai) actually has a model (Opirus) that is so similar to a Bentley that at first glance I thought it was Hyundai's new copycat "premium" model.

brownbearGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
yes i'm being serious, i know there's a lot of haters out there, i am by no means a hyundai fan, but it honestly doesn't take that much effort to build a quality car, it's a matter of making the decision to actually do it. I'm not saying that hyundai has done it yet, at all. I am saying that they seem to be moving in that direction, and while a 200,000 dollar car is not realistic, they need some sort of attention-getter: a racecar, a cool prototype, the next big hybrid, SOMETHING. ANYTHING. it's called proof of concept.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
I personally agree with a lot of the things brownbearGTI has to say. Auto magazines have been talking about Hyundai's improvements in quality at a low cost for sometime and have put their rides in comparos against Lexus and a couple others before. The days of Hyundai being seen as a parallel aren't too far away. Not only that, but they're talking about how it's a large threat to makers such as Lexus, Infiniti, and Acura due to the fact that Hyundai can produce the same quality, give the best warranty and reliability and still keep it at a fraction of a cost when compared to the others. It's been the buzz talk for a little while now. They're a company to watch. Could be a few years away still. But they've already started to upscale their fleet with cars that cost a little more and offer a lot more. Don't believe me, look up the $24k 2007 Hyundai Azera. I think it's the low priced car that they were comparing to Lexus at half the cost.

Attachments

• asset_upload_file628_15594.jpg
    asset_upload_file628_15594.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 380
  • asset_upload_file889_15594.jpg
    asset_upload_file889_15594.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 447
  • asset_upload_file860_15594.jpg
    asset_upload_file860_15594.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 382
  • asset_upload_file387_15594.jpg
    asset_upload_file387_15594.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 382

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
yes i'm being serious, i know there's a lot of haters out there, i am by no means a hyundai fan, but it honestly doesn't take that much effort to build a quality car, it's a matter of making the decision to actually do it. I'm not saying that hyundai has done it yet, at all. I am saying that they seem to be moving in that direction, and while a 200,000 dollar car is not realistic, they need some sort of attention-getter: a racecar, a cool prototype, the next big hybrid, SOMETHING. ANYTHING. it's called proof of concept.

I think you missed the point... The link is to a Bentley that someone has put Hyundai badges on. It's not some new luxury car that Hyundai has come up with. It's not a $200,000 Hyundai. Repeat...Bentley with Hyundai badges.

Lec

GTI Purist In Training.
A little bit bout hyundai.

Im stationed in South Korea, and of couse they are as common as GM and Ford.

The Azure is a great car, and here it is sold as the Hyundai Granduer, and its the top car in Korea, its like their Mercedes.

Korea Brands will never suffer like GM and the other big 2, cause Korea puts MONSTER Luxury taxes on "imports"

Example, a mid level dodge dakota (25k-ish) can be bought here for almost $40,000USD

Thats crazy, but it keeps the "foreign" competition at bay.

Its pretty much:

Hyundai
Kia
Daewoo (GM subsidary)
Sang-yang (Rebadge Nissans, SM7 (Maxima), SM5(Altima), and SM3 (Sentra))
Korando (makers of some very jeep like vehicles)
Rectvon (makers of some very STRANGE front ends)

But here Hyundai owns pretty much.

brownbearGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I think you missed the point... The link is to a Bentley that someone has put Hyundai badges on. It's not some new luxury car that Hyundai has come up with. It's not a $200,000 Hyundai. Repeat...Bentley with Hyundai badges.

I think YOU missed the point, read my post above. It states that AT FIRST I thought it was "some new luxury car that Hyundai has come up with" then I realized it wasn't, but then decided to comment on the fact that I think that if it WERE a Hyundai, it wouldn't be such a bad idea...or at least something like it.

Lec

GTI Purist In Training.
korea makes the weirdest vans. and they all come with that funky mirror that comes off the back.

That funky mirror is actually required on most vehicles of that size, most the sidestreets in korea are very very narrow, and parking is ridiculous in alot of spaces, those things save your ass alot.

But it is really a moot point cuz even the nicest vehicles have scratches on the bumpers and what not. Its a fact of life here.

My advice is to buy a mini and you will be fine.

Oh and the MINI-VAN isn't a big thing here, in fact I can't recall every seeing one.

Last edited: