GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2006 Eclipse GT vs. MKV GTI?

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
It's a Bishi! Which = POS! Except of course the EVO, now that's a car!

black2.0t

Drag Race Newbie
stock to stock the eclipse would win

herrstreet

Touring Car Newbie
The eclipse is more of a cruiser than the gti, it's longer, wider HEAVIER and significantly more powerful. In a straight line it's almost certainly quicker than the gti, although with a DSG I still think the gti has about as much useful speed as any car I've driven.

I've never driven the eclipse but it's basically a big front drive sedan with low slung sheet metal. Therefore it tends to plow like crazy with that big v6 way out front.

Plus, for any other task than driving in a straight line, the gti is actually still useful.

get a vw.

gdzlla4602

Autocross Champion
From Car and Driver.com for the GTI-----> For all-out acceleration, DSG has a launch-control feature in which the engine holds at 3000 rpm and, when the brake pedal is released, takes off with a tuned amount of clutch slip and wheelspin. Using this method, we managed a 6.0-second 0-to-60-mph sprint and a 14.7-second quarter-mile at 95 mph, even though we thought the computer allowed too much wheelspin.
Also from CarandDriver.com for the eclipse------>Mitsubishi keeps the acceleration brisk by adding displacement. Bore and stroke rise, and the SOHC 3828cc cast-iron V-6 now runs Mitsubishi’s MIVEC variable intake-valve timing-and-lift system in its aluminum cylinder heads. This is a cold-hot switch similar to Honda’s VTEC, with a crossover to the urgent lobe at 4000 rpm. With 3.8 liters, 263 horsepower, and 260 pound-feet of tire-peeling torque, the V-6 seems big enough to move mountains, or at least move a six-speed manual Eclipse—a five-speed auto is optional—to 60 mph in 6.1 seconds and through the quarter-mile in 14.5 seconds at 100 mph.

GTI252

For the Eclipse GT manual Road & Track quote:

0-60mph in 5.8 seconds
0-100mph in 14.4 seconds

Quicker than the GTi, and the fastest times I have seen with a GTi DSG is:

0-60mph in 6.4 seconds
0-100mph in 16.8 seconds

DubDriver17

Oval Newbie
Was this a serious question?