GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2010 - 2011 NHL Playoff thread

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Great opening game by the Lightening.

I really wanna see Rollie make it to the Finals again. You know your old when your playoff beard has gray in it.

Thomas had a really shaky start though. Glad he wasn't pulled because he did redeem himself. Just a little too late.

I have a feeling the next game is going to be a lot closer. The B's are going to adapt. Still think its the Lightenings series to win though.

I hate to make predictions, but I say the bolts in 6 games.

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Well the Sharks did it again. I don't get why in the third period when they get a lead they go into this shut down mode.

I've seen them do this a lot all season. It was also really noticeable during the Red Wings Series.

It's good to play a shut down style when you have the lead late in the 3rd. Doing it at the start like they are doing is just unacceptable.

Props to the Canucks though. For playing a full 60 minutes. Only bad thing I can really say about the play on their end was the turn over by Lu.

This is going to be a good series. I think the Sharks are going to rebound back and play harder.

Sharks blew it fo sho

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
They are going to have to play better, thats for sure. Hopefully that game will have light a fire underneath em'.

I hate those green Vancouver guys...

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
I was watching the game at a sports bar and some idiot made a comment on the little kid behind the Vancouver bench wearing Earmuffs.

I told him obviously has never been to a Canadian hockey game in Canada during the playoffs.

Went to a Canadiens Vs. Bruins in '08 at the Bell Centre. Holy Shit talk about Loud. It got so loud at points it actually felt like it was silent.

I was at the game in '07 when the Ducks won the stanley cup and it wasnt nearly as loud.

The only event that topped it was Game 6 of the World Series. In '02 when the Angels made a comeback to beat the Giants. I actually ruptured my eardrum at that game. Had blood coming out of my ear during the game.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
I tried to get tickets to that Ducks game but couldnt. I just ended up going to the rally @ the Honda center.

Ew @ bleeding ear drums...

Edit* oh and that little kid and his (I think the kid is a boy?) douche looking Dad are at all of the Canucks games (At least all of the playoff ones). He usually wears a shirt with his company name (Im guessing) on it...

Edit #2* The United Center out here in Chicago gets pretty loud, but Ive never had my ears bleed.

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
I tried to get tickets to that Ducks game but couldnt. I just ended up going to the rally @ the Honda center.

Ew @ bleeding ear drums...

Edit* oh and that little kid and his (I think the kid is a boy?) douche looking Dad are at all of the Canucks games (At least all of the playoff ones). He usually wears a shirt with his company name (Im guessing) on it...

Edit #2* The United Center out here in Chicago gets pretty loud, but Ive never had my ears bleed.

I have season tickets for the ducks thats why I was able to get the tickets. I give so many of them away so I can write it off during tax season. You know for those Ducks Business meetings.

And ya its the little boy with the long hair. They are at all the games it seems. Must be nice to afford glass tickets for every game. In Vancouver I think glass tickets were roughtly $400 when I looked. It's $175 for glass tickets at honda Center.

I really don't care for the ducks at all though. The Arena is close by and I can't stand the Staples center or downtown LA for that matter. So the Kings are out.

Any place that has true hockey fans is going to get loud. The HP pavilion in San Jose is probably the best place to watch hockey in California. Great Fan base for a california team. The Kings also have some diehards. Even went to Pepsi Center. For Patrick Roy's final season home game of his career. It was extremely loud and pretty emotional.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Yeah I hear ya, last I was at a ducks game they were selling wine a garlic fries. Next time im out there Ill be sure to hit you up for some tickets...

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Haha that's the section where I have my tickets. 300 Level. It's in seat service. I only did that for the reason if you do give tickets away or you are entertaining a client its more professional.

Those Garlic Fries are pretty damn good though. My favorite is the Chili Bowl inside the bread bowl.

But, for sure. If you are ever down here let me know usually have plenty of tickets. I usually can't make all that many games. Because most fall on the weekdays when I have work. Usually only keep the weekend ones for myself.