GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 FORMULA 1 SEASON

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
I guess it’s the spectacle of being in glitzy Monaco why most people love it, but I truly feel some major changes need to made in that track or they find another better suited to these modern F1 cars.

It’s an old school track that didn’t age too well unlike Silverstone, as an example.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Qualifying is definitely the pest part of that weekend lol.
I still would love to go some day though.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
I guess it’s the spectacle of being in glitzy Monaco why most people love it, but I truly feel some major changes need to made in that track or they find another better suited to these modern F1 cars.

It’s an old school track that didn’t age too well unlike Silverstone, as an example.

I am obviously not a city planner or traffic engineer for Monte Carlo, but I’d think they could maintain 90% of the historic course but lengthen it with a detour that adds a wide, overtakable straight section. They must build in a second or third DRS zone to the circuit. Even the one they currently have is not much.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion

There could be potential there...maybe.
Looks like there is not a lot of straights in the immediate area.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
I checked out Google Maps satellite view and Boulevard Des Moulins is the ticket. They need to find a way to get on that.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
As an F1 fan, it's troubling when even the drivers think Monaco was boring.

I don't like the concept of "whoever's on Pole, usually wins". And give the drivers more tow, less dirty air.

95gto

Go Kart Newbie
As an F1 fan, it's troubling when even the drivers think Monaco was boring.

I don't like the concept of "whoever's on Pole, usually wins". And give the drivers more tow, less dirty air.

The drivers have been asking for lower downforce cars for just this reason. Luckily the Canadian Grand Prix will not suffer from the same problem. Although I expect quite a few drivers will experience issues similar to what LeClerc experienced at Monaco.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Watching FP1 here and remembered that I had a dream last night that Kimi Räikkönen wrecked.
Wasn't any particular race, and I can't remember who all was involved.
Hope that doesn't come true!
But a weird dream to have haha.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Since it falls after too-narrow Monaco, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve is always a breath of fresh air on the schedule. Early June weather in Montreal is usually beautiful as well.

I wish I could have gone again this year, but the kiddos are in school a week later this year.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Damn kids ruining everything!

Mine is only 11 weeks old so she's not ruining much....yet lol.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Since it falls after too-narrow Monaco, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve is always a breath of fresh air on the schedule. Early June weather in Montreal is usually beautiful as well.

CGV has my favourite turns combo (Turns 1 and 2) in F1. And aptly named Senna Corner too :D

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Ugh...I took a day off for that?

Can’t remember a more boring Canadian GP than this.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Ugh...I took a day off for that?

Can’t remember a more boring Canadian GP than this.

Last year was also wire to wire, though I was happy because my guy won.

Hamilton had early cooling problems necessitating an early stop. He's also on the 7th race with the current engine. There are 21 races and they're allowed three, so I assume they'll have a new engine for France in two weeks.

Vettel takes the points lead by one point.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Last year was also wire to wire, though I was happy because my guy won.

Hamilton had early cooling problems necessitating an early stop. He's also on the 7th race with the current engine. There are 21 races and they're allowed three, so I assume they'll have a new engine for France in two weeks.

Vettel takes the points lead by one point.

Can’t wait for Paul Ricard. Hopefully, Merc can sort out their upgrades for then.

But for our sake, make races at least 2.5 stops. 1 is too boring and the .5 is the wildcard factor. C’mon Ross! That and less front wing, and we’re set!