GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 FORMULA 1 SEASON

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
My comment was meant with regard to how he congratulated his competitors when Lewis won the driver's championship, especially given some of his on track antics this season and last.

I think at the end of the day Vettel knows he has a better life - wife, kids, etc etc. On track he's solely focused on winning but off the track he seems like a cool dude.

Can't stand him in race mode though.

95gto

Go Kart Newbie
I think at the end of the day Vettel knows he has a better life - wife, kids, etc etc. On track he's solely focused on winning but off the track he seems like a cool dude.

Can't stand him in race mode though.

He does seem to suffer from getting too emotional during his races, and that leads to poor decisions. It cost him both this year and last year in the championship. But given this issue, I think that is why was pleasantly surprised at his behavior at the end of the Mexican Grand Prix.

I think he will have a big challenge on his hands next year if Charles Leclerc adjusts to the Ferrari quickly. I don't see Vettel handling someone challenging his status as Ferrari's number one driver very well.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
He does seem to suffer from getting too emotional during his races, and that leads to poor decisions. It cost him both this year and last year in the championship. But given this issue, I think that is why was pleasantly surprised at his behavior at the end of the Mexican Grand Prix.

I think he will have a big challenge on his hands next year if Charles Leclerc adjusts to the Ferrari quickly. I don't see Vettel handling someone challenging his status as Ferrari's number one driver very well.

Aren’t Ferraris supposed to be about passion? It would only make sense that their driver is just as passionate :D:D

I think so as well. My buddy thinks that Leclerc is overrated but I think he has done very well for both himself and Sauber this year. Will be be as good as Kimi? No. But he has alot of room to grow and could potentially be a very good driver. Unfortunately for the first few years at least I think they are going to try and turn him into the Ferrari equivalent of Bottas. Which would suck.

95gto

Go Kart Newbie
I guess calling it passion is one way to view it.:p

I see the Leclerc move shaping up more like what happened at Red Bull when Ricciardo came on board to support Seb. The role definitions blurred very quickly with no single driver being viewed as the lead. And given Leclerc's success in the Sauber I don't think he will be a slow learner in the Ferrari. I don't see a fight with a teammate for dominance doing Seb any favors. Although that type of conflict may be part of what has allowed Lewis to become very solid under pressure.

Scala

Ready to race!
You are invited to share a drive in a Porsche Cayenne driven by a current or past F1 driver from Stuttgart to Istanbul. Which driver do you select?

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Hunt the Shunt, safe travels Carlos.

I quoted the wrong post lol.

I suppose, that would’ve been better within the UK where James and I could frequent many different local town pubs lol.