GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A Buick?!?!

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I would say not even - I think this is just a more cushy acura ilx (the new civic based Acura), Lexus hs (corolla based).

You said "trying" to market to.

Now who they are going to sell to, I agree with your scaled-down list from a cross-shopping perspective for the base, 2.4l model. I'm sure they will aim higher with the turbo Verano.

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
You said "trying" to market to.

Now who they are going to sell to, I agree with your scaled-down list from a cross-shopping perspective for the base, 2.4l model. I'm sure they will aim higher with the turbo Verano.

(wasn't me that originally said it, but no worries), I agree...maybe they're shooting too high. I think that's their end goal, is to break into that segment--especially considering how many older folks seem to be gravitating toward Lexus now. One car at a time I suppose...I think the only ones who have the chance to bite into that would be Caddillac, and the fact that Buick is a mid-tier brand for GM, I don't think they will ever truly compete head to head. If anything, GM would be better off setting their sights on Volvo

2.0t_convert

Ready to race!
They look REALLY comfy though.

Im trying to figure out who they are trying to sell to.

Acura won't admit it but this is an ILX competitor and a much better overall car. In addition you have the soon to debut Audi A3 sedan, and future compact luxury cars from BMW and Infiniti. This will soon be a fairly crowded market. Lexus may even bring a gas version of the CT200h which could be considered competition.

Lexus HS is dead.

xytbyk

Go Kart Champion
The Buick Verano is GM's attempt to approximate what people in China think of as American luxury, based on a German chassis. They sold more of these (Verano/Excelle) in China last year than all Buicks combined in the US.

There are a million buttons on the dash! But that car with a tune will probably be quite a beast in a straight line.

The interior reminds me of a melty version of the (as said before) la-z-boy-style interior in the Park Avenue Electra I had as my first car, from the pantyhose taupe interior color, right down to the stupid fake burled walnut applique on the dash. To its credit, the 3800 in my Electra wouldn't die no matter what I tried. That mushy ugly boat served me well.

raaalph

Ready to race!
I would have never thought of myself as a Buick fan, but after seeing the base model Verano and the Regal GS at the Houston car show I was very impressed. I'm glad Buick is trying to rebrand themselves, and I think it's a step in the right direction.

With that being said, haters gonna hate.

gfox33

Go Kart Champion
With a tune and some track mods this thing will be the ultimate sleeper. I'd love to embarass people in a Buick.
I doubt there will ever be any mods for it. Even if it were a sick sleeper, I still wouldnt want to drive it because its so boring looking. Id rather have my GTI even if the Buick could do a 12 sec 1/4.

TDI110

O_o
Regal GS.

I'd consider it, if it wasn't $40k.

I know it's a Regal, but I was just making an observation... now the more I look at it it's just an EU Astra turned Buick, since Saturn doesn't exist any more.

C4L

Banned
I've heard the Verano Turbo could start around $30k (or more...).

For $25k-$28k - GLI
For $30k+ - CC

Sorry. The Verano seems nice but it is still a Buick. And that motor isn't that strong. I know the 270hp output in the Regal GS yields a tested best of 6.2 to 60. A 200hp CC runs a 6.4...

I would be surprised if the Verano Turbo (250hp) is any faster than a GLI or CC.

Anyways, it is always nice to have choices.

And FYI, this car is smaller than the TSX and would compete with the new ILX from Acura. And probably A3 Sedan too... The Regal WOULD compete with a TSX or G25...

I could see a Verano vs. ILX vs. GLI comparo in the near future...