GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

american cars vs euro cars

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
how come you guys didnt buy american cars? i mean they seem to be very well equipped. they have much bigger engines than the GTI, like 5 litre engines and you have a lot more space. probably a lot cheaper as well.

murcielagoGTR

Ready to race!
umm...well.... hmm.. probably because American cars are ghey! The build quality, fit~n~finish,Warranty,service, and styling, are all less then Euro/Japan counterparts. Basically you get more for the money(even if its more exspensive) buying German/Japan

D0rk

MOAR POWAR
bigger isn't always better. If I can get the amount of power I want out of a small 2 liter 4 cylinder engine, why would I bother with something like a 6 or 8 cylinder engine that's going to be a lot heavier and a lot worse on gas mileage?

Not everyone needs SUV/truck sized space, and especially now a days, not everyone wants to fill up a 25 gallon gas tank every 200 miles.

Call.me.Junior

is overboard.
bigger isn't always better. If I can get the amount of power I want out of a small 2 liter 4 cylinder engine, why would I bother with something like a 6 or 8 cylinder engine that's going to be a lot heavier and a lot worse on gas mileage?

Not everyone needs SUV/truck sized space, and especially now a days, not everyone wants to fill up a 25 gallon gas tank every 200 miles.

AMEN

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
how come you guys didnt buy american cars? i mean they seem to be very well equipped.

Another reason is because it's become a trend to buy Euro/Japanese cars. So there's a bunch of people just following the fad and doing as they're told because they are clueless when it comes to automobiles. No offense, but there's probably a million and one housewives that cant tell you one thing about changing a tire, but they heard somewhere that Toyota makes a good car...so they buy toyota. To be honest with ya, I've owned a four cylinder American car that had went 200K miles before I sold it and it was problem free (Cavalier). I think they're making them better and better, but it's going to be a while before everyone switches back over. For the cost you can't beat the Americn bang for your buck cars. They've got a couple of really impressive sport coupes/roadsters they've released as of late that people are starting to buy and see as a great deal too (Saturns 2 seater and more). Also, there's a lot of people who still own American pick-up trucks. It's just going to be a while before any serious shifts back toward American autos is going to happen. I think it will though.

This is just my viewpoint. But it seems the mag reviews are also starting to give a little more credit to some of the American auto makers efforts.

peterrabbit

ima eat yo family
things always move in cycles.

cycles baby.

pagers will be making a comeback. everyone will denounce cell phones.

(and u thought ip phones were next. technology is cyclical)

D0rk

MOAR POWAR
things always move in cycles.

cycles baby.

pagers will be making a comeback. everyone will denounce cell phones.

(and u thought ip phones were next. technology is cyclical)

If what you say is true, Windows will be getting better because we'll cycle back to DOS. (lolwindowsjoke)

gatorfast

man amongst boys
I dont think American cars are nearly as nice looking as euro cars. Although I will admit that manufacturers such as Pontiac have made great strides recently in improving their look and performance, American cars just dont do it for me. Even if I really liked the look of a domestic I dont think I could buy one because the brand names have such a negative connotation in my mind.

Slipstream

loweritonh&rsports.com
I agree with everything that has been said, but one word hasn't been yet:

DEPRECIATION.

American car values drop faster than a Thai hooker with a $20 in her shirt.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Even if I really liked the look of a domestic I dont think I could buy one because the brand names have such a negative connotation in my mind.

Which is part of exactly what I's talking about. See...it's going to be a while.

New american cars are ok. Their sport cars i love like Z06 and Ford GT

But as far as luxiry (sp?) to money wise, they suck. But one things for sure, i WILL have an older muscle car when i get older.

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
I've owned a four cylinder American car that had went 200K miles before I sold it and it was problem free (Cavalier).

yup i had a 1991 cavalier also. quite reliable, also 4 cyls.