GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

american cars vs euro cars

DT EXP

Chewing Gum & Kicking Azz
Hell I think the new GTO by pontiac is sexy....

Ballinfrogs

Go Kart Champion
it is..

Jethro Biggums

I have no qualms about American cars myself. This is my fourth car and the first one that isn't American. I was looking at another. I have a friend that bought himself a 2007 Cobalt (black). I actually liked it. I've driven the SS Supercharged (not too shabby). Unfortunately driving the top of the line kinda ruins the base model and it would really be weird if we had the same car. He's the one that actually told me to look at the Rabbits (thanks bud!). Well after driving two Lancers (2008 ES & 2004 Evolution). I bought this here Rabbit, and loved it ever since.

MkVBettie

Must Kill Moe... Weeeeeee
All I've ever owned is GM Cars. My father, step-mother, and grandfather all have GM EE Discount from working at an aerospace company.

All but the last were hand-me-down cars. My last car was an HHR and it was my first brand new car. I needed the GM discount to afford the payments on it but at the time I really wanted a VW. IMO they were all crap - so many problems on all the cars. Even the HHR has so many little issues with it that Chevy can't seem to figure out? Now that my father doesn't even need the disc. I don't understand why he's still buying them? They are currently looking at Saturns :confused:

SO...3000 miles from being out of my warranty on the HHR, I decided to trade that baby in and get my Rabbit. Since bringing home my new Rabbit (a couple 1000 cheaper than the HHR's original price??) it feels so much more solid and it’s just as equipped as the HHR (if not more). Maybe it was just meant to be as I would have a mkIV and not a MkV if I had purchased one in the first place?

This is my 1st VW but I'm not a stranger to them. I grew up around air-cooleds with my Dad and his hobby Baja's. I came into the water cooled scene thinking I was going to an air-cooled GTG. I met a great group of water-cooled friends and I was sold! I'm so happy to finally have one myself!

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
American cars are built for one purpose... to get from point A to point B.
The Europeans have in mind that your car should be an extension of you and you should have enjoyment & pleasure while you drive.

The Europeans have items smartly placed in their interiors whereas American's have shit all over, with no rhyme or reason.
Owning a European Auto is Passion. Whereas Skippy just bought himself a Gremlin or pick'em up truck.