GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Android Auto

oscarkend1

I have been having issues with connecting to android auto wirelessly for the last 2 months. Initially when I bought the car in August 2022 it was working perfectly and then suddenly topped working In October 22.
The screen also goes blank when driving and error message comes up in relation to road signs on the dash and when this happens I can't use the climate function so is dangerous.
I have taken it to the vw garage twice and on the second attempt they are now saying that it needs an update but its not available yet and waiting for VW to develop it.

Is anyone else having the same issues. I feel like the vw garage is fobbing me off?

Thanks

m4in

Go Kart Newbie
Does the message pop up even if your phone isn't in the tray/connected?

As in, is AA not working a separate issue from the screen going blank? Our car does something similar (though it's MIB2, not 3) - we fixed it by disabling the wireless charging tray and connecting via (good) USB wire (a cheapie USB wire would lead to the same issue - entire infotainment crashing, all screens black).

I'd try connecting the phone via cable for a while, and keep it off the charging pad while doing so. Process of elimination and stuff - at the very least, you can give the mechanic a more detailed description.

oscarkend1

Thanks for your reply. My phone will say that's its connected to android auto without the wire but it won't show on the screen. It'll only work if it's connected with the wire and that can be hit and miss.

With regards to the screen going blank. Whilst driving it'll turn off, no error code on screen just dash saying dynamic road signs not in use. It then comes back on 30 secs to 1min later.

I'm using a vw wire to connect and was working perfectly until Oct.

They are saying that the AA issue is linked with the screen going blank? I'm not convinced???