GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anybody a video game junkie?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Any better than on launch?

It's stable AF, so that's good. The main complaint I have at this point is that the new seasonal "campaigns" aren't really fleshed-out. They just seem like tacked-on stories to sell the gimmick du jour for each season (Malignant, Vampires, etc.). However, I am a loot whore, and have been enjoying playing different character types for each iteration of the game.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Any better than on launch?
I think it feels better. The seasonal content is part of the open world like a helltide, so as soon as you enter the world you're doing seasonal content on top of being able to complete events, whispers, and side quests at the same time. I dunno what kind of combat changes were made, but my sorc felt good from the start. I wasn't single targeting things to death slowly. I was 1 shotting groups of things from the start and only gotten stronger. I just kinda drop my fire wall and keep running, shit dies. Seems like there's more loot, more exp, more content.

The last season having the season content separated away in dungeons felt bad.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
It's stable AF, so that's good. The main complaint I have at this point is that the new seasonal "campaigns" aren't really fleshed-out. They just seem like tacked-on stories to sell the gimmick du jour for each season (Malignant, Vampires, etc.). However, I am a loot whore, and have been enjoying playing different character types for each iteration of the game.

I think it feels better. The seasonal content is part of the open world like a helltide, so as soon as you enter the world you're doing seasonal content on top of being able to complete events, whispers, and side quests at the same time. I dunno what kind of combat changes were made, but my sorc felt good from the start. I wasn't single targeting things to death slowly. I was 1 shotting groups of things from the start and only gotten stronger. I just kinda drop my fire wall and keep running, shit dies. Seems like there's more loot, more exp, more content.

The last season having the season content separated away in dungeons felt bad.

So they haven't fixed the combat.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
So they haven't fixed the combat.
I'm only lvl 24 and first time playing a sorc, but it seems better to me. It's a lot better than my bone spear necro I played last season at least.

I don't think blizz is going to be as trigger happy when it comes to nerfs this season. There's a ball lightning sorc build that's pretty strong and destroying uber lilith in seconds. Blizz said they won't be nerfing it. I haven't been following too close, but I think they made a lot of builds stronger. My firewall build has been pretty effective so far.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
I'm only lvl 24 and first time playing a sorc, but it seems better to me. It's a lot better than my bone spear necro I played last season at least.

I don't think blizz is going to be as trigger happy when it comes to nerfs this season. There's a ball lightning sorc build that's pretty strong and destroying uber lilith in seconds. Blizz said they won't be nerfing it. I haven't been following too close, but I think they made a lot of builds stronger. My firewall build has been pretty effective so far.

I just hate how builder\spender heavy the combat is. I'm sure it gets better once you start stacking Paragon levels, but I'm not the kinda person who says "Yeah, let me play a game for 20 - 30 hours before it's enjoyable". When I played a Sorc at launch, it was just 'ok, let me cast these piddly spells that do nothing for 5 seconds, then I can finally launch 2 big fireballs'. Rinse and repeat.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I just hate how builder\spender heavy the combat is. I'm sure it gets better once you start stacking Paragon levels, but I'm not the kinda person who says "Yeah, let me play a game for 20 - 30 hours before it's enjoyable". When I played a Sorc at launch, it was just 'ok, let me cast these piddly spells that do nothing for 5 seconds, then I can finally launch 2 big fireballs'. Rinse and repeat.
I know what you mean. I don't think I've played enough to really say if that's better or worse yet. I had to do some left clicks last night, but they didn't feel weak or like I was only doing it as a resource generator. Once I got a couple things like no mana cost while my ult is active and increased mana regen after enemies die to burn I don't think I've really touched my left click. I'm not even using a core skill with my build. I just drop firewalls and never stop moving.

I got to 24 in 3 hours last night, but none of it felt like a chore. The game seemed much faster paced as far as combat and lvling goes.

I saw one guy saying last season he was burned out by lvl 80, but this season he's played 4 sessions and he's already in the 70s.

I'm actually looking forward to getting home tonight and playing again. Dunno how long that'll last though. I needed a game where I can turn on a podcast, turn off my brain, and kill some shit.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
I know what you mean. I don't think I've played enough to really say if that's better or worse yet. I had to do some left clicks last night, but they didn't feel weak or like I was only doing it as a resource generator. Once I got a couple things like no mana cost while my ult is active and increased mana regen after enemies die to burn I don't think I've really touched my left click. I'm not even using a core skill with my build. I just drop firewalls and never stop moving.

I got to 24 in 3 hours last night, but none of it felt like a chore. The game seemed much faster paced as far as combat and lvling goes.

I saw one guy saying last season he was burned out by lvl 80, but this season he's played 4 sessions and he's already in the 70s.

I'm actually looking forward to getting home tonight and playing again. Dunno how long that'll last though. I needed a game where I can turn on a podcast, turn off my brain, and kill some shit.
I agree with this. I'm at level 50 after starting playing SoB last week, and that's with being gone for two days for Depeche Mode. Leveling seems much quicker, and less grindy. I stopped playing the core campaign as a necromancer at level 61, and stopped playing SoM as a rogue at level 70. I'm playing a sorceror this time around, and am still having fun.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
I'm looking forward to checking this out.
I haven't played a dedicated rally game since Dirt 3!
dirt rally 2 is the direct predecessor to the new game coming out from a studio standpoint, give that a go.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Thinking of grabbing Alan Wake 2. Supposed to be really good.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Thinking of grabbing Alan Wake 2. Supposed to be really good.
Very story oriented game. If you enjoyed the first one, or want a sort of movie-game hybrid then you'll enjoy it. But if you're getting it expecting a fast paced action packed game you'll probably be disappointed