GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone else mining

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
@jay745 am I wrong? 😂

there’s so many opposing strong forces keeping cryptocurrency away from being truly legitimate, the shits just flopping and gasping for air.

this amazing decentralized gem of an idea. This thing that isn’t tied into any one nation, or government or even any banks. Is literally at the mercy of all of it. Rather folks want to believe it or not, crypto has a very very long way to go.

for now, it’s a great option for purchasing drugs from China, guns and other crazy fucked up services. Allegedly.
Definitely not wrong lmao

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Got my 1060 up and going today. 5700xt to follow tonight.

Update:

1060 is working like a charm. 5700xt crashed at some point last night while I was sleeping. Didn't have time to check WhoCrashed before work but my bet is that I'll need to roll back the factory OC a bit.

the

Autocross Champion
Update:

1060 is working like a charm. 5700xt crashed at some point last night while I was sleeping. Didn't have time to check WhoCrashed before work but my bet is that I'll need to roll back the factory OC a bit.
Yes, from what I read most cards perform most efficiently with a little bit of under-clock. Definitely go factory clock to start.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Yes, from what I read most cards perform most efficiently with a little bit of under-clock. Definitely go factory clock to start.

I was trying to look up things like "team red miner 5700xt crash" and all of the results are like for folks with 8x card rigs lol

the

Autocross Champion
I was trying to look up things like "team red miner 5700xt crash" and all of the results are like for folks with 8x card rigs lol
You may have already seen this. Using MSI afterburner to turn down the memory clock may be the trick.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Can confirm, 5700xt very picky about mem clocks in general, compute loads expose this. If youre playing a game and the memory errors you might get a glitched texture momentarily - if you are computing the process fails.

Last edited:
Reactions: the

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Hmm...

1620837919319.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
I have a 1080ti. I'm not into mining but I wonder how it would stack up.

finding a 3080 has been impossible man, I wanted to move over to a "4k" screen with a nice refresh rate. Somehow I was able to buy a house in this fucked market before finding a 3080.

Based on my 45 seconds of Google searches, which makes me practically an expert in the field these days, a 1080ti should have a similar 36 MH/s hash rate, which would give the same amount as the 2080 Super.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Based on my 45 seconds of Google searches, which makes me practically an expert in the field these days, a 1080ti should have a similar 36 MH/s hash rate, which would give the same amount as the 2080 Super.
I’d expect the 2080 super to have a leg up on the 1080ti

the

Autocross Champion
finding a 3080 has been impossible man
I had to stand in a line for 3 hours like it was 1999 again... and that was just for a 3070. If you want to have a real laugh look at the 3090's on eBay.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
I had to stand in a line for 3 hours like it was 1999 again... and that was just for a 3070. If you want to have a real laugh look at the 3090's on eBay.
Oh I saw them! I wouldn’t mind standing in line for a 3080. As long as there’s a fair raffle system. I wouldn’t want to risk standing in line at micro center, and they only got like 3 or 4. You know?

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
You may have already seen this. Using MSI afterburner to turn down the memory clock may be the trick.

My Mem Clock is stuck at 1750. Reading some stuff that suggests it's because of my monitor setup.

I tried to just use the Radeon driver tuning options to reduce actual processor clocks/voltage this afternoon and still ended up with a crash. Gonna change my monitor Hz, unplug the second monitor, and we'll see how it goes later.