GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone else ride dirt?

TarmacSpecial

Terror On Two Wheels
Anyone else ride dirt? What do you ride? Where do you ride? Any SoCal riders? I'd like to talk more about the subject with my fellow mkv'ers.

I just picked this up yesterday for $2000....

00 Yamaha YZF 426 Just been rebuilt and runs super strong. Also replaced were the fork seals, clutch, and fuel petcock.

Mods - Hot cams, Pro circuit ti-4 titanium exhaust, Fluidyne oversized aluminum radiators, ASV clutch handle, GYT-R clutch basket, ONE industies graphics, black plastics, Pro taper triple clamp, Pro taper bars, Spyder grips,aluminum shifter, White Bros. titanium foot pegs, Renthal sprocket, Excel rims, carbs jetted, Boysen quick shot hesitation eliminator.

I'm keeping the bike at my cousin's house since he has more room, and when I dropped it off there I took it for a spin up and down his alley, and the thing is loud as hell and definitely fast.

Anyways just thought I would share. I won't be able to take her out and get her proper dirty for a month, but at least she's all mine! :D

I'm thinking of heading out to El Mirage, as I haven't been there forever. Any one been out there recently? Is it still as fun as it used to be?

Oh do any of you watch supercross? I am the season opener in Anaheim every year. I usually pull for Stewart, but now that I have a Yammie, I might just have to pull for team blue.

Post up your dirt bikes and ride pics, and let's talk moto! :biggrin:

gonyofam3

Ready to race!
I don't have a dirt bike yet, but I like riding at el mirage when I can.

TarmacSpecial

Terror On Two Wheels

What's the scene like? Crazy like Glamis with a bunch of jokers, or pretty chill?

Notoriouswithag

Slow+semi-low
I started out on a yamaha tt125, then moved upto a Honda CRF250... and then I sold it to pay for my sport bike:/.

My buddy Pat has a Honda CRF450 and that thing is a monster.

TarmacSpecial

Terror On Two Wheels
sickness bro! :bow: Dig the team green stuff. Love that race bike, wild.

Sterling

Steel Tip

that's where i ride majority of the time. :thumbsup:

What's the scene like? Crazy like Glamis with a bunch of jokers, or pretty chill?

Usually not. it's not as huge of an area and it's pretty much all trail riding. if there ever is a group of people that are there to just drink and be idiots on their quads they just stay to the lakebed, but for the most part, majority of the people there aren't there for that.

oh and i have a 05 YZ 125. the first year they started using the new frame. only thing i've done is put a fmf factory fatty pipe and a Q pipe to keep it legal. super fun bike. im a tiny kid so it's just enough for me and very nimble.

James G

Spool makes me drool.
thanks alot man, ive been racing MX since i was 7. i was racing pro, but ive had a couple serious injurys and my sponsors dropped me. i took around 4years off, and just started racing again this summer. I dont plan on getting on the circuit again because im so out of it, but i wanna have it as a fun hobby again. it will always be my number 1 love.

Haha, i smell a comeback..... then a movie made about it :biggrin:

always wanted to ride a 'propper' dirt bike, but could never afford it :sad:

MDgti08

Go Kart Champion
i used 2 ride all the time. i had a ktm 520, crf230f, xr70, yz125. i had a really bad crash about 2 years back and my parents really don't like me riding hard anymore. i know a little place right off the 710 freeway that's like 10 mins from my house that i used 2 ride every weekend. i also road out in texas canyon and gormin and AZ. and really clean bikes.

haha, i wish but my elbows wont hold up at all.. i snapped my right elbow twice, it now has 12 screws 2 plates and a pin holding it together, and my left elbow blew out of the socket and my had hit my shoulder backwars and was hanging just by the skin.. all the muscles and shit were torn apart. and a bunch of concussions, peg threw my right knee, peg threw my left calf, broken right arm, broken right wrist, lol. a lot. O notice the scar from the first time i snapped it and had surgery. haha

Sterling

Steel Tip
HOLY SHIT MAN!!!!!!

that's insane. but nice sleeve. hahaha.

SloppySRT

Taste the Rainbow!
I thought the general idea was to stay on the bike?

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
I thought the general idea was to stay on the bike?

That's the whole idea. It doesn't turn out that way all the time, however.

The whole reason I stopped riding dirt was because I got beat up pretty bad every time I went out. I started out dirt when I was 13, but by the time I was 17, I just got really sick of getting hurt. As soon as I turned 18, I switched to street and only do the dirt thing once every two months or so, if that. Plus, I'm a wuss! Ha ha ha.