GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone else ride dirt?

TarmacSpecial

Terror On Two Wheels
I thought the general idea was to stay on the bike?

Try being the operative word, yes. Even World Champions fail trying to stay on, so the rest of us mere mortals, it's par for the course.

Two kinds of riders, those that have crashed, and those that will.

Tony, wild stuff, and a major bummer. There's no rhyme or reason to it, but you seem to be taking it well. A year and a half ago, I crashed my R1 in turn 2 at Fontana going over 150mph, and all I did was break both of my pinkies (needed three pins in each hand) and the bike needed less than $500 to be rideable again.

It's not even funny how many times I've seen people get hurt a lot worse doing a lot less.

My last crash in August, I broke my hand (only two pins this time). While I was in the ER waiting to get X-Rays, some 24 year old girl was taking a shower, slipped, and broke her neck. She's going to be a quadrapalegic.

I wreck on track at 150 and pretty much walk away, she takes a shower and is a quad. You just gotta live your life, because shit can happen no matter what you do.

Tlew128

Passed Driver's Ed
Good to see that there are some dirtbike enthusiasts on here. I have been riding for about 11 years now, my dad got me into motorcycles when he got his original 1970 honda mini trail running when i was about 10 years old. I currently race in the b250 class here in Florida in our hare scramble series (Florida Trail Riders or FTR). I got 10th overall in the state last year in the b250 class. I ride a 2007 yz250f set up perfect for the sandy Florida conditions.

I havent started racing the 2008-2009 season yet because of my injury im coming off of. I broke both of my collar bones, well shatterd one and fractured the other hitting a FMX ramp. I overshot the landing and due to my neck brace i was wearing(Leatt bracee) the pressure was too much and it snapped my clavicles. Here are some pics of some good old florida riding.

Triton Gncc 2008

OWC pitbike track

on the line

dust?

endurocross section

holeshot

random 125cc pics

one of my pitbikes 125cc FTW

Clavicles, broke them on 8/10-08 and still haven't been able to ride yet, got back next week for final xrays and see what the doc has to say

brapppp

Last edited:

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
ktm 125 2004
yamaha raptor 660 2004 lots mods(all dirt)
no photos here, try update l8r

trying to get new kawasaki KFX 450. but thats on my hope list. I want that for the road,plates indicators....

gonyofam3

Ready to race!
What's the scene like? Crazy like Glamis with a bunch of jokers, or pretty chill?

Sterling is right, there is a lot of different riding there. I never been to Glamis, but I have heard the horror stories.

that's where i ride majority of the time. :thumbsup:

Usually not. it's not as huge of an area and it's pretty much all trail riding. if there ever is a group of people that are there to just drink and be idiots on their quads they just stay to the lakebed, but for the most part, majority of the people there aren't there for that.

oh and i have a 05 YZ 125. the first year they started using the new frame. only thing i've done is put a fmf factory fatty pipe and a Q pipe to keep it legal. super fun bike. im a tiny kid so it's just enough for me and very nimble.

I have not been there in a while, but it so much fun there. :thumbsup:

v-dub89

Go Kart Champion
These are my off-roading vehicles. Not dirtbikes, but they've been through hell and back (even the poor lil' scooter). And my dad had a 2008 Honda Rubicon Canadian Trail Edition; I loved that thing, but it got stolen.

1984 Honda ATC & 2005 Honda Ruckus

And my parent's 2008 Jeep Wrangler with the ruckus posing

.:R #2734

Ready to race!
I got a CRF450X w/ too many mods to list (Fast ass green sticker FTW).

I am not a big fan of El Mirage, but if you want a workout it is a good place to go (Arm pump FTL). It is kind of small, and can get boring quick.

There are some nice trails at these places:
Dove Springs (You can ride all the way up to 8k ft)
Jawbone
Ocotillo Wells

Sterling

Steel Tip
I got a CRF450X w/ too many mods to list (Fast ass green sticker FTW).

I am not a big fan of El Mirage, but if you want a workout it is a good place to go (Arm pump FTL). It is kind of small, and can get boring quick.

There are some nice trails at these places:
Dove Springs (You can ride all the way up to 8k ft)
Jawbone
Ocotillo Wells

yea. el mirage does get boring pretty quick. its just the place i go to if i only wanna go riding for a day, since it's the closest.

i love Ocotillo Wells!!! that place is massive with all types of riding.

i was also just up at Jawbone about 3 weeks ago. fun place.

damn thats crazy as hell 'TarmacSpecial' i cant imagine falling off that fast, ive only fell once on the streetbike, i hit some stone in a turn and the bike washed out, but that was at like 45, i just tumbled a little and ran to see how bad the bike got beat up. most of the bad injurys are from small falls, like jimmy button, fell in a turn and broke his neck, my buddy ron boyas was practicing at a friends house for a up and coming pro race and forgot to turn his gas back on and lost his life because of it.

i was a decent racer, i was placing top 5 in 125a and 250a before i got banged up, i had 26 sponsors and mostly eveything was next to free. its just the faster you get, the harder the falls going to be in most cases