GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Apparently my neighbors don't like VW's. . .

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
This sucks but at least you stand out I bet. On the block I live in there are only 3 foreign/German cars. It's my cousins E90, my GTI, and a neighbors MK4 GTI. The rest are American brand cars and Japanese

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mophisto

Ready to race!
Spend every weekend slowly and lasciviously washing your VW(s) while wearing incredibly inappropriate denim short-shorts, a knotted button up shirt, weird pigtails and crazy ass makeup. Make sure the shirt has a Ford logo on the back. Take frequent long pauses to stare at the suspected neighbor's houses while yelling Heil Henry! That should get them to come out and fess up, one way or another.

Disclaimer: I grew up in Michigan, and I own both a VW and a Ford. And I do NOT wash my vehicles in the aforementioned fashion.

Be sure to blast the Scorpions while doing it. That should get the point across.

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Use an American flag to dry your car. Then ball it up and throw it in the dumpster when you're done.

zrickety

The Fixer
That's too far. You'll get beaten for desecrating the flag, regardless of what you drive. Poop in a bag and send it to your congressman, that's ok.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
That's too far. You'll get beaten for desecrating the flag, regardless of what you drive. Poop in a bag and send it to your congressman, that's ok.

Yeah i agree using the Flag is to far.... Permanatly un-fu** yourself.

Philimon

Ready to race!
Whoever did it is a troll or idiot. Either way you can't win.

Since this is a car forum, I think we all know that car companies manufacture all over the world and help those local economies or rob local economies by building elsewhere, depending on your perspective. Ford is the same in this respect, except they are special because they embrace their all American image like it's true.

I think maybe it was a decade ago, but the most American car at the time was the Cadillac CTS, which was composed of 51% American sourced parts or something like that ... Here is a more recent simple article describing some auto's actual Americanness and benefits to our economy.:
http://money.cnn.com/gallery/autos/2015/07/01/most-american-cars/

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Alright....so I've gotten up to speed here.

1. I don't care if anyone shares this or whatever to outside sources

2. The cars are always garaged, so I don't see them being vandalized (hopefully). This is our 5th new VW in the 2.5 years we've been there.

3. I THOUGHT it was the guy across the street with 2 Ford cars...an Edge and a 2005-ish V6 Mustang.
BUT after talking with my neighbor....I'm more inclined to believe it may be the single older LADY across the street.
She moved in right after us, but apparently she's a Ford employee.

Although it did sound like a #becauseAmerica kind of guy though.

It has to be someone that could see me washing the cars in the driveway, is the key part.

4. Not everyone drives American cars in our sub, so that part I don't understand either. A lot of domestic cars, yes. 100% all Fords or anything, nope.

5. Thanks for everyone trying to stalk me. I don't really care, because many people have been to my house for installs anyways....but just sayin'

6. On that note too....NO this wasn't a dealership, it's the name of the subdivision. Not gated or anything crazy like that. Just suburbia homes built in the 1960's.

7. Yes, the Passat is built in America. Apparently they knew everything about VW, except that fun fact. So that doesn't make much sense.

8. True "enthusiast" don't care what kind of car you drive. If you like cars, you like cars.

9. My wife is/was probably more pissed than I am and wanted to do something in response, but that doesn't make sense to do. So I'm not stooping to that level.
Life will go on as normal instead

10. She told her sister about this and I guess she notified the police, without me knowing. Not sure what that does, but I guess in case something happens in the future (God forbid)

11. Supposedly the Toyota Camry is the most American built/sourced car, someone told me (not sure if 100% true though)

Uberryan

Banned
3. I THOUGHT it was the guy across the street with 2 Ford cars...an Edge and a 2005-ish V6 Mustang.
BUT after talking with my neighbor....I'm more inclined to believe it may be the single older LADY across the street.
She moved in right after us, but apparently she's a Ford employee.

Told you it was a lady-like thing to pull. They're catty, drama-infused, ticking timebombs when they have enough time on their hands.

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
They're just being ignorant. Its your life you drive what you want! Try and find out who it was and like other people are saying maybe invest in cameras. Never know with the crazy people out there.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Toyota is the biggest manufacture in the USA for cars.