GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

tigeo

Autocross Champion
You could try reading the thread.
4K+ posts....yeah that's not realistic at this point and why this thread is basically worthless now.

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
suppose you could always f*** around and find out, then...

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
4K+ posts....yeah that's not realistic at this point and why this thread is basically worthless now.

Cliff Notes, big turbo with stock DP spools slower, APR's tunes are never very aggressive (compounding slower spool), don't use this turbo unless you have no other option due to emissions. Thank you for coming to my TED talk?

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Cliff Notes, big turbo with stock DP spools slower, APR's tunes are never very aggressive (compounding slower spool), don't use this turbo unless you have no other option due to emissions. Thank you for coming to my TED talk?
Good summary!

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI

Not the best pics, it was hard to get a good angle with the Mercedes in the way but here you go
How old is your dad?

I'm in my 30's and my knees/back can't deal with crotch rockets for longer than a half hour anymore.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
How old is your dad?

I'm in my 30's and my knees/back can't deal with crotch rockets for longer than a half hour anymore.
Early 50s. I don't think he's riding for very long at a time either lol. He sold his c6 grand sport convertible because it was just sitting in the garage for weeks at a time and I think he decided to get the bike out of boredom lol

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
How old is your dad?

My dad is 68 and rides his R3 on some trips that take a few hours. Not sure how long he's on it without stopping between coffee and cigarette stops haha.

liftie

Car(s)
MK7 GTI 2015 S
You could try reading the thread.
Thank you for your help, that was exactly the reaponse I was looking for. You want me to sift through 296 pages of off topic bullshit and dick measuring contests? Have you read a singe page in this thread? I read the entire thing. I've made some notes with some contradicting points between users but largely it was a waste of time. You're telling me you'd disagree? Why is your natural response to be a dick I really don't get it lmfao

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Thank you for your help, that was exactly the reaponse I was looking for. You want me to sift through 296 pages of off topic bullshit and dick measuring contests? Have you read a singe page in this thread? I read the entire thing. I've made some notes with some contradicting points between users but largely it was a waste of time. You're telling me you'd disagree? Why is your natural response to be a dick I really don't get it lmfao
Lol don't mind him, he suffers from low testosterone

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
Long story short for a GTI:
From a dig, it’s about on par with stage 1 for 0-60
30+ rolls are where it shows up.

A bit more controlled in day to day city driving, you can still get after it and whip it around, but lacks that rubber band surge at 2.5k that the IS20 hits.

If you’re already Stage 2+, consider your options and whether or not you’re married to that AM downpipe.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

Quit your whining.