GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents: 2011 MK6 2.0 TSI ECU Upgrade, Intake, Intercooler, Exhuast and Turbocha

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plac

All 2010 MK6 CCTA and CBFA stage 1 and 2 code is now updated to version 1.2.

ORLY..................

I'll have to find my way to 034 Motorsports soon then, to get the new flash.. Toughest decision.. do i stick with my custom stage 1 w test pipe which is proven and perfect for me, or do i try the "new" stage 2 which i might like a bit more than the last one. I only want to bother my dealer once...

pure_lunatic

Ready to race!
Man, drive an hour there and back to get a stage 1 tune today only to find out that i have one of the rare ecu's that won't yet take the tune. I'm bummed.

This is what I'm worried about. I'm going to have a 2 hour drive each way to either get my Stage 1.. or drive home without it :(

Wish I had a vag cable...

Tetsuei

needs m0ar shiny.
This is what I'm worried about. I'm going to have a 2 hour drive each way to either get my Stage 1.. or drive home without it :(

Wish I had a vag cable...

Nobody around you with a cable that could run the data for you? If not (and this is something I wouldn't want to do myself) you could remove the ECU yourself and take a look at the label on top...

P

plac

ORLY..................

I'll have to find my way to 034 Motorsports soon then, to get the new flash.. Toughest decision.. do i stick with my custom stage 1 w test pipe which is proven and perfect for me, or do i try the "new" stage 2 which i might like a bit more than the last one. I only want to bother my dealer once...

PS. o34 Motorports will do the reflash for $35 labor, as long as the ECU dont need to be pulled. Thats a real good deal.

I think I need some reviews of the new code before i switch, cuz i like my car as it is now. it would need to be someone that had the original code and got upgraded.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
All 2008-2009 MK5 golf/jetta CCTA and CBFA stage 1 and 2 code updated to v1.2!

If anyone is at a dealer and we don't have software, please ask the dealer to code extract the ECU and we can get software ready for your ECU. If the dealer calls us we can see if it's something that can be created while you wait. If not, it may take a day or so.

Tetsuei

needs m0ar shiny.
Arin, I'm sitting at a dealer right now - they seem to have an issue with an out of date driver for the flash box - is this a unique issue, or is this something that other people have experienced?

pure_lunatic

Ready to race!
Before I waste my time driving 4 hours round trip, please confirm...

APR currently does not have Stage 1 ready for 2011 CBFA.

Correct? Thanks.

Tetsuei

needs m0ar shiny.
So the dealer chose to tell you "Hey, I can't do something, go post on the forums!"? Ridiculous.... I have my people on it now. I'll just call every dealer in your area to figure out who it is and get it fixed. Hold tight.

Oh, sorry for the misunderstanding - he had told me that it was being fixed when he gave me the update - he was just giving me a heads up as it was taking longer than the 1 hr or so that I was told it was going to take, so I was starting to wonder what was going on.

I just posted as a matter of personal curiosity, as I wasn't sure if this was something that had happened to other dealers or not - the dealer didn't say anything about posting on the forums. He'd already fixed the issue when he came and gave me the update.

Last edited:
P

plac

Oh, sorry for the misunderstanding - he had told me that it was being fixed when he gave me the update - he was just giving me a heads up as it was taking longer than the 1 hr or so that I was told it was going to take, so I was starting to wonder what was going on.

I just posted as a matter of personal curiosity, as I wasn't sure if this was something that had happened to other dealers or not.

i knew what you meant dude.. Arin just needs a vacation. He's been working too hard.

Tetsuei

needs m0ar shiny.
It's all this drama, it's got everyone on a hair trigger. But ya, if this might be a more wide spread issue it might be good to get out in front of it and make sure all of the dealers have updated drivers. Not that big of a deal, and it could help with getting other people their flashes faster, which is always awesome.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Before I waste my time driving 4 hours round trip, please confirm...

APR currently does not have Stage 1 ready for 2011 CBFA.

Correct? Thanks.

No, 2011 CBFA is not on the server yet. I've emailed the engineers for an ETA. I will not have one till tomorrow as they have all gone home.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor

I just posted as a matter of personal curiosity, as I wasn't sure if this was something that had happened to other dealers or not - the dealer didn't say anything about posting on the forums. He'd already fixed the issue when he came and gave me the update.

LOL, no problem, I was just like "WTF, dammit!" because I just saw our tech guy walk out the door 5 seconds before I read your post. I didn't' want you to sit there and have to wait. I also just consumed about 30 redbulls. I'm going bonkers posting right now because I spent the entire day on a project and barely looked at email/pm's/forums, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.