GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Prices

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
It's a good thing APR is worth every penny.

mustache rash

Go Kart Champion
No, I'm pretty sure it's because they changed the design of the clutch kits which increased the cost.

Only reason I know this is beacuse when I was buying my Southbend (DXD), I noticed that the APR site had it for cheaper. That's when I was told that they probably had not chnaged their site to reflect the new pricing for the newer kits.

^^This
Southbend no longer makes a non-silent and silent design. They make just the new revised silent a which were always pricer then the standard hub.

SlowS3

Ready to race!
LOL unless APR is making them out of diamonds, silver, or gold ill be buying parts from them.. their prices are getting ridiculous.

mustache rash

Go Kart Champion
Everybody be drinkin the APR kool-aid.

Is it possible that they have quality products and good customer service? Have YOU ever compared apr vs other hardware? I have and must admit apr is superior to most others..............MOST

I don't read too many threads about welds breaking on apr down pipes and such

SuPeR GTi

Go Kart Champion
price change was due to revised kits, not inflation lol. hs tuning mentioned that sb will increase price before kits were sold, so they increased the price accordingly.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
i've read threads about dps cracking, poor packaging for hardware, poor fitment, etc. for parts from other companies. a lot of the threads for cheaper parts or unknown brands admit to having to adjust things to get it to fit. and i have yet to see apr release a part after the competition, and definitely no rebrands of existing hardware. i think apr does a good job at what they do, but cost increase has enver been directly proportional to what you get. 10% increase in reliability/performance will always be 30%+ increase in cost. welcome to life.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
and clutch kit pricing is related to how many they sell. as cars get cheaper, more people buy them and more people modify them. these cars a pretty new and even when they're older i don't think many people will be modifying them. plus domestics have such a large aftermarket i'm sure competition keeps prices down too.

just think about what audi owners are paying.

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Fuck that its not worth double. I was interested in a CBE at waterfest this year. Until i found out they are $989. You are def. paying for their overhead, health benefits, and advertising at this point.