GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Prices

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Really dude?

Everybody be drinkin the APR kool-aid.

Yeah, that's why my signature is full of their parts.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion

kern417

Go Kart Champion
Fuck that its not worth double. I was interested in a CBE at waterfest this year. Until i found out they are $989. You are def. paying for their overhead, health benefits, and advertising at this point.

and their product development, and their race cars. i just don't see other companies doing what they do. not saying that everyone should buy their parts, but i don't think their prices are unwarranted. why do you think vwr parts are even more? you're not just buying parts from a company who considers r&d confirming that their embossed rebranding will still fit in your car. apr is just about the only company i see innovating.

the only other company i have high hopes for is spm. with their updated intercooler and promise of an aftermarket turbo option i think they legitimately are trying to make a name for themselves and not just pull their share of profits from the pool of already existing hardware options. but even then they don't offer tuning.

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
Are we seriously complaining about APR for the price of Southbend clutches?? What does APR have to do with that? You guys are crazy. I have been thinking about trying a UNI tune and it's $750 for K04 software, pretty close in price. Get used to rising costs in this country. Has anyone went food shopping lately? The same people that bitch that we ship jobs overseas are the same people that bitch that products made in America are too expensive and don't buy them.

EDIT: I just checked their site. The pricing they used to list is for the non-silent kits. Does Southbend still offer non-silent kits? Because the silent kits have always been more expensive

Last edited:

McQueen77

Banned
Why are clutch kits for our cars 1k. Clutch kits for other cars range from 300 to 600.

they figure that if you are used to paying $60-85 for an oil change that you won't notice...