GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audio Upgrade?

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
More than likely it would. I think the wire harness is the same in the MK4 and MK5. I won't be swapping out my headunit untill Friday probably. I like the look of the oem head unit also but I miss my flip out. The sat on these OEM radios is not very good.

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
retailers access to it yet?

LivEToDrivE

Car(s)
GTI
the dash kit i mean

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Non around here. I purchased mine online.

LivEToDrivE

Car(s)
GTI
I figured Tweeter, or Myer Emco would have stocked that by now... did you do double din navi? or single din cd?

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I have the regular stock 6 disc indash in right now until Friday. I have the single flip out DVD Kenwood 717 and a single din sized Alpine center channel going in the place of the stock unit.

snoopy

Touring Car Newbie
loccusst said:
The door itself is solid, as in solid piece of metal. No real need for dynamat. .
I would disagree with that, metal resonates and so dynamat is needed to add mass to the door to reduce the resonance of the metal.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Only if you are going to upgrade the door speakers. The factory speakers do not cause enough resonance in the door. These doors are very solid...not flimsy cheap metal. By the way the wire harness is diffeant between the MKIV and MKV.

ewoo

Rally Car Newbie
ttr250 said:
here is a lil pic i have on the setup...i couldnt stand the stock any longer and had this head unit left from my mk4. its the alpine 9853.. i amped all the door speakers and added an sub. the door speakers are amp by a alpine v power f-450 70x4..great amp. the sub is an alpine type R 10" in an enclosed box. it is amped by and alpine 500x1 mono, with digital display
the boost gauge is just temporary, so i just rigged it up in there.

Ouch! I prefer the look of the OEM HU.

plac

GTI Master
Thats a poor example dude. I seen another alpine install which looked factory stock as far as lines matching up. I agree that pic looks like crap as far as bezels.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I 'll get a better pic of mine up tomorrow. I have the Kenwood indash and the Alpine center channel speaker. They are both that new soft flat black color as the interior. I have gotten alot of compliments on it.

snoopy

Touring Car Newbie
plac said:
Thats a poor example dude. I seen another alpine install which looked factory stock as far as lines matching up.
Thats prob one i posted on another forum,
In the UK VW parts department do an optional DIN slot adaptor as a spare parts that matches the car perfect unlike the aftermarket ones from oher companys.