GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audio Upgrade?

snoopy

Touring Car Newbie
heres some soundoff competition cars installs from europe.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Nice pics. I was actually coming up with a idea for fiberglassing in some enclosures in the trunk in place of the Styrofoam inserts around the spare tire.

plac

GTI Master

Now that is what a clean install looks like. The lines are probably as good as you can get them. aRGH... The ONLY thing stopping me from getting an Alpine is losing my integrated SIRIUS radio.

plac

GTI Master

This person just needs to adjust their attachment locations so the deck isnt sunken in. Then it will look as good as the one above.

Silver Arrows

Ready to race!
plac said:
I would only put Focals in any car I build, my fav speakers of all time. I liked them more then my Dynaudio. Any enthusiast will know these names and know why they're worth $500+ a set.
Amen to that.:bow: I heard a setup of a lowend range of Focal speakers in a 2003 Silverado. I think he had a couple of MTX subs and subs, not a lot of stuff and I was so amazed by the sound I wanted to marry his setup.:thumbup: I'm definitely going Focal components, an Eclipse headunit, and a JL W6 10". I've also contemplated going with Boston Acoustic components because of their wonderful range while playing video (ie. DVD movies, live concert stuff, Xbox 360). Enough to put a home movie theater to shame. For most people, an investment like that is rather insane, but I will spend a TON of time in my GTI...it is definitely worth the investment.:tongue:

snoopy

Touring Car Newbie
Originally Posted by Carn
Snoopy please can you find us a part number for that original VW dash insert for a single DIN radio ? Thanks

In the Uk its 1T0 051 058A
but i have been told in some other countries it can also go under
1K0 857 058 3X1

etang789

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Is it ok just to replace the headunit?is there a stock amp in the car powering the speakers? or is it just from the stock headunit?
And can the aftermarket headunit power the stock speakers?

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
You can replace the factory and it will power the stock speakers fine. There is not a factory amp here in the states yet I believe. The factory amps go under the driver seat if there is one.

snoopy

Touring Car Newbie
I know you can get the "stock" amp in the Jetta in the USA. Its in what VW call the "soundpack" option, or sometimes the "Monsoon" option,
As standard theres only the headunit power so an OEM swop as Loccusst says is not too hard.