GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AWE mk5 GTI turbo back exhaust installed!

frank2287

Touring Car Newbie
i dont think u will loose any power runnning on a turbo the more the exhuast is free flowing the more power is output

frank2287 said:
i dont think u will loose any power runnning on a turbo the more the exhuast is free flowing the more power is output

well as mentioned earlier a very free flow exhaust can be bad.
you need some back pressure to have optimal performance.

todeshandler said:
"Estimated" MSRP at this time:

$589.95 for the GTI catback
This is funny. I'm getting one custom made, with a Magnaflow muffler and whatever tip I want for $275 installed. It will look very similar, except my credit card will thank me.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
That is what I was planning on doing. Most muffler shops can do the job.

tydale3

Rally Car Champion
lose the resignator and replace with a nice tailpipe and you might have better flow and sound with the stock set-up. That is a nice system and nice sound but thats way too much money for what is there.

tydale3 said:
lose the resignator and replace with a nice tailpipe and you might have better flow and sound with the stock set-up. That is a nice system and nice sound but thats way too much money for what is there.
You might want to be more specific. There are like 2 resinators and a muffler on the OEM.

d.C

DJ
TeknoGroover said:
This is funny. I'm getting one custom made, with a Magnaflow muffler and whatever tip I want for $275 installed. It will look very similar, except my credit card will thank me.

mind tellin' me exactly what you're gonna do? i'm interested in gettin' a cat-back one done too.

frank2287

Touring Car Newbie
I dunno i wanna get the most free flowing exhaust just i dont really want it to back fire and i want it to put out the most power so i dont know what i should go with?!?!

d.C

DJ
is yours resonated?
i was browsing through the awe website and found this for the A3

looks like yours is resonated?
correct me if i'm wrong