GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bad things about owning a house.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
home ownership blows... for several reasons.

rx4brdm

Ready to race!
There is a little mold in every house... It's the kind that matters.

The inspector was pretty thorough before my purchase. Due to codes in the area for houses built then, no basement attic has nothing in it but a heater and insulation. I wouldn't doubt if there is a bit outside.

Bathrooms are crappy, so I would not be surprised to find it there when they get re-done. Same with the kitchen, the appliances that were in it were probably the originals. They replaced the range. When I look at the sink and see the crappy job they did repairing the seal around it, I wouldn't doubt if there is a bit there.

Really gotta start looking into replacing some of this stuff. Molds will get to my allergies/asthma if they get bad.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
yeah, sometimes I toy with just saying fuck it and letting it go... so many have already. I mean, you can live mortgage free for at least a year... A YEAR. I COULD SAVE ALMOST $25k IF I DID THAT, FUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Sometimes I wish Obama would just send me dem checks he promised me, doe.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Selling our house now. Inspector found mold on the garage drywall which happened when humidity caused moisture around the air return ducts...when our AC crapped out three years ago. Buyers insisted on mold mitigation for $2k which required ripping the wall down. They also found a few spots in the attic supposedly...long story short they stepped thru our ceiling and I'm still waiting on the repair to be completed.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Selling a house can be a nightmare. I recommend buying one where you intend to stay for 20 yrs.

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
yeah, sometimes I toy with just saying fuck it and letting it go... so many have already. I mean, you can live mortgage free for at least a year... A YEAR. I COULD SAVE ALMOST $25k IF I DID THAT, FUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Sometimes I wish Obama would just send me dem checks he promised me, doe.

I bought a house that was in foreclosure so fortunately Im not underwater and actually have some equity.

De Niros character in the movie Heat said. "A guy told me one time, "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner." " I like that idea.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I just started the process of getting a mortgage today actually! I'm only 23, don't scare me with this shit :(

Just keep a cushion for emergencies. Budget for upcoming expenses. You'll be thankful come tax time. Also, rents increase, your mortgage does not. That alone makes it worth while.

rx4brdm

Ready to race!
Just keep a cushion for emergencies. Budget for upcoming expenses. You'll be thankful come tax time. Also, rents increase, your mortgage does not. That alone makes it worth while.

Good advice. Like I said, almost everything is going wrong within 2 years of my purchase. Without a bit of dinero put aside I'd be looking for a second job right now.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Whatever the bank approves you for.. spend about 60% of that.. you'll be glad you did later.

rx4brdm

Ready to race!
So, I'm calling Sears to order the water heater, 'cuz we have a bunch of discounts due to all the stuff we have bought in the last 2 years. Checked everything out online, 10-15% discount if bought online, etc. Before I even get to a rep. Offer not valid to residents in CA.

:paddle:

StigsFatAmericanCousin

Ready to race!
Maybe I'm naive since I haven't purchased a house yet but I look forward to having some new projects to work on.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

rx4brdm

Ready to race!
Maybe I'm naive since I haven't purchased a house yet but I look forward to having some new projects to work on.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I agree. When all this is repaired and I have saved up a bit this crappy carpet goes bye-bye. Tiles and floor heating go in (Mom does floor heating design for a living). That kitchen has got to go, I got all stainless steel appliances in there and it looks extremely tacky with cream colored tile counter tops and these crappy cabinets.

The main bath is peach colored.:barf: Somebody painted the whole interior of the house with semi-gloss paint.

I can see the theme they were going for but the doorway to the kitchen and Master suite have arched entry ways but the one for the hall doesn't?!? Sliding glass door to the backyard in the master bedroom, kinda like it, but the way to the backyard from the great room is a regular door...

Oh and mirrored closet doors, for some reason they bug the hell outta me.

So, needless to say, it's gonna take some work before I'm truly satisfied.