GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best working (?) VCDS tweaks......

L3nnox

Ready to race!
I have followed the great work done by a number of people on here and thank you all for your relentless quest to find new functionality in our MK7s..... Keep it up please.

As I am about to buy with a pal a Ross tech cable I have picked out those tweaks that I'm about to attempt the following.... Are there any I am missing???

N.B. I have not as yet tried any of this and do not take any credit for the work done by others..happy to add if I know who to thank!!... And will add more as I try them out.

MK7 tweaks :-

1. Amount of fuel (in Gallons) used since the last fill up
Select [17] Instruments
Long Coding - (Function 07)
Go to Byte 10
Enable bit 4

2. [09] Central Electronics Menus is password locked
Go into Function 16 (Permissions)
Enter the code 31347.

3. Disable Seatbelt Warning
Go to [17] Instruments
Adaptation Channels -> function 10
Select disable seatbelt warning (Gurtwarner deaktivieren)
change to "yes" (default: none)

4. Setting Fog as Coming/Leaving Home
Go to [09] Central Electronics
Go to Security Access and enter 31347
Look for the German text under "Comfort-Illumination"
Set the new value drop down to "Fog Light"

5. Display the battery charge level or SOC (state of Charge)
Enter [17] Instruments
Go to adaptation channels, (no need for a security log in with this module)
Scroll down until you see Battery Charge (it's condition on mine was set to "TBD") > simply change it in the new value drop down to "active" and it's done.
Usage
Switch the ignition off, then press (and continue to hold) the trip reset button in the middle lower of the instrument panel. It will cycle from first resetting the trip to 0 miles > show "Time" to allow you to change the clock > then keep holding until say "Battery".
Release the button and display SOC for a few seconds before returning back to the main screen.

6. Automatic rain closing
Go to Secuity Access and enter 31347
Go to adaptation channels and set the following:
- (15) Access Control 2 - Regenschliessen_ein aus (Rain Closing on / off) - Select Active
- (16) Access Control 2 - Regenschliessen_art (Rain closing Type) set to Permanent
- (28) Access Control 2 - Menuesteuerung Regenschliessen (Menu Control Rain close) – Set to Active (enables the menu in the ifotainment screen)

7. Alarm beep on lock / unlock
[09] Central Electronics
Adaptation channels, and you are looking for:
(1)-Acknowledgement Signals -Akustische Rueckmeldung entriegen (un-lock acoustic feedback)
(2)-Acknowledgement Signals -Akustische Rueckmeldung verriegeln (lock acoustic feedback)
Set one or both to on if you wish.
Then set the following to "on"

(7)-Acknowledgement Signals -Menuesteuerung akustische Rueckmeldung (Acoustic lock menu)
This enables a menu setting in the "car" settings, "Locking" menu of the infotainment screen to set alarm chirp on or off when locking /unlocking the car and have the option to switch it on or off from the head unit.

8. Gauge sweep
Go to [17] Instrument
Coding -> Function 10
Byte 1
Enable bit 0

9. Turn Signal adjustment
Go into [09] Central electronic
Go into Adaptation
Select (2) - Turn Signal Controls-Komfortblinken Blinkzykien
Type 5 in New Value (Default is 3)

10. Puddle lights on while folding/unfolding
Go into [42] Door control module
Coding Byte 1, Bit 5 (untick).

11. XDS Adaptation
Go into [03] ABS
Go into Adaptation & select “Expanded electronic differential lock”
New value to select > “Standard”, “Not activated”, “Weak”, “Medium”, “Strong”

12. Headlight washer frequency
To extend the interval cycles that the headlight washers will activate to:-
a) prevent the front of your clean car being sprayed, and
b) to reduce the amount of screen wash usage.

1. Go to [09] Central Electronics
2. STG access permissions -> Function 16
3. Enter access code 31347
4. Go to adaptation channels (Function 10)
5. Select channel 1 - Select "Number of operations front windsceen wiper washer per SRA activation" (in German - Frontscheibenwischer Anzahl Betätigungen Frontwaschanlage pro SRA Aktivierung auswählen)
6. Adjust value to preference (no of times you can operate the windscreen washer stalk before the headlight washer activate).
7. Select channel 3, and adjust the activate time for folding the switch to enable headlight washers in the first place

13. Dimming DRLs on Turn Indication by triumph61

Go to adaptation channels and set the following (they're quite far down the list):
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion G 2 to "Blinken links aktiv (beide Phasen)"
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert to 35
Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimming Direction GH 2 to "minimize"
Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion G 3 to "Blinken rechts aktiv (beide Phasen)"
Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert GH 3 to 35
Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimming Direction GH 3 to "minimize"
Video available here: http://youtu.be/UYPRE_vw6Vw.

Not too easy to see at night, so will repeat tomorrow in the day. I like it!

Thanks to triumph61 over at Briskoda.net: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/229766-vcds-adaptations-how-do-i/page-2

14. Full DRL Brightness for Parking Light/ CH/ LH

When parking lights are enabled from the main light switch next to the steering wheel, the DRLs enter a lower power state which is 1/4 of the total brightness. Coincidently, this is also the same setting used for the DRLs in CH/ LH function
If you wish, this can be changed to 100% brightness (the same as DRLs when switch in Auto and daylight), which does look quite nice with the LED fogs when unlocking from a distance at night.

To do this:
Go into [09] Central Electronics
Go into Adaptation

Change the following channels..
'(10)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert CD 2' from 26 to 100
'(10)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert CD 3' from 26 to 100

I haven't tried this myself yet, however Michael provided the coding and very kindly allowed me to post here along with his photos.

Coding
STG09 (Central Electronics)> Access Authorisation: 31347 > Adaptation Channels> Channel (8 )-Leuchte27 NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion C27" > "Brake light on" set (default: nicht aktiv)
STG09 (Central Electronics)> Access Authorisation: 31347 > Adaptation Channels > Channel (10)-Leuchte27 NSL RC6-Dimming CD27" > on 100 Set(default: 0)
......Only one little change required to stop the middle LEDs going out when you lock the car in CH mode:
Usual central electrics access stuff, then change adaptation channel:
Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion B 27 from not active to Parklicht rechts

15. Sound actuator by theSwede

Goto
A9 Struct. Borne Sound
Adaptation 10
Select "Channel of structure borne sound actuator" (only one)
Std value 100% Change to the value you want, stored in %
Use suggested code for change approval.
It's adjustable to zero.

16. Coded the inner lights to stay on. By RoundSquare

These are the instructions I used:
Go to Adaptation
Look for the German text "Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion B 27"
Set the new value drop down from "non active" to "Parklicht rechts" Parklicht right or just right
Got it from http://vcds.greg-roberts.com/view-entries/details/1/17

Any more appreciated...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
All of these listed, but no ESC defeat?

flygteye

Ready to race!
All of these listed, but no ESC defeat?

Yes there is.....Enjoy!!

03 ABS > 07 Coding > Long Coding > Choice 29 byte (last one)
You might need a security code too....20103.

05 - Button options: ESC ON/ASR Off/ESC OFF
06 - Button options: ESC ON/ESC SPORT / ESC OFF
09 - Stock

ESC Sport disables ASR.

So you can either have just ASR disabled or ESC off via button (05)
or ESC Sport or ESC off via button (06)

flygteye

Ready to race!

Ian91

Ready to race!
VCDS change to Auto hold settings

Interested to know if anyone has adjusted the hill hold assist thro VCDS - to rectify the auto hold snatching when pulling away?

VCDS can be used to change the "feel" of the auto hold (called Hill assist in the module controller).

It's done this way:
(1) From the list of module controllers, select 03-ABS Brakes
(2) Once the ABS Brakes controller screen opens, select 10-Adaptation
(3) From the channel pull-down menu, select Hill-start assistant
(4) In the New value box, adjust the setting accordingly (default: normal)
(5) Click Do it! tab, then click Add to Log tab to save a copy of the change, then click Go Back tab and exit the RT software

I've attached a screen shot of the Adaptation channel for reference (the original picture comes from the Stemie.de site)

(Original post from DV52)

Yomny1

Ready to race!
Anything for adjusting the HID lamps after a drop, some suggest a manual adjust, some a VCDS reset and some a combination of both? Thanks

ColinStone

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII 2016 Match BM
L3nnox - When you do the battery SOC, I'd be very interested in where you find "Battery Charge".
I've been looking and can't find it!

Johnny Blaze

Go Kart Champion
14. Full DRL Brightness for Parking Light/ CH/ LH

When parking lights are enabled from the main light switch next to the steering wheel, the DRLs enter a lower power state which is 1/4 of the total brightness. Coincidently, this is also the same setting used for the DRLs in CH/ LH function
If you wish, this can be changed to 100% brightness (the same as DRLs when switch in Auto and daylight), which does look quite nice with the LED fogs when unlocking from a distance at night.

To do this:
Go into [09] Central Electronics
Go into Adaptation

Change the following channels..
'(10)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert CD 2' from 26 to 100
'(10)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert CD 3' from 26 to 100

I haven't tried this myself yet, however Michael provided the coding and very kindly allowed me to post here along with his photos.

Coding
STG09 (Central Electronics)> Access Authorisation: 31347 > Adaptation Channels> Channel (8 )-Leuchte27 NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion C27" > "Brake light on" set (default: nicht aktiv)
STG09 (Central Electronics)> Access Authorisation: 31347 > Adaptation Channels > Channel (10)-Leuchte27 NSL RC6-Dimming CD27" > on 100 Set(default: 0)
......Only one little change required to stop the middle LEDs going out when you lock the car in CH mode:
Usual central electrics access stuff, then change adaptation channel:
Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion B 27 from not active to Parklicht rechts

So after i coded my DRLs to be a little brighter, the inner dot LED stopped working. I see that the "Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion B 27 from not active to Parklicht rechts" might be what needs to be done to re activate, however that option is not available on my list. Thoughts?

Just updated the VCDS program, haven't tried again... :(

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
8. Gauge sweep
Go to [17] Instrument
Coding -> Function 10
Byte 1
Enable bit 0

I can never seem to enable this..... am I missing something?

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Some that I have coded my car to that I did not see.

Retain heated seats memory of last position used.
Address 08
(ADP-Retention of driver's seat heater level) from active for 10 minutes to active

Change instruments to Carbon Fiber look:
Address 17
(ADP-Display depiction) from Version 1 to Version 2

This changes license plate lights for 5W to LED bulbs. So you don’t get CEL when you change bulbs to LED. Note it may take sometime for it to take effect.
Address 09
(ADP-(1)-Leuchte25KZL HA59-Lasttyp 25) from 18 - 2* 5W to 43 - allgemeine LED
(ADP-(6)-Leuchte25KZL HA59-Dimmwert AB 25) from 100 to 127

This allows fogs to be run independently of xenons. In auto and Lights, both xenons and fogs are on; pull switch out to turn fogs off. Driving light switch position xenons are off and fogs are on.

Address 09
(ADP-(5)-Leuchte12NL LB45-Lichtfunktion B 12) from not active to Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht; Positionslicht; Begrenzungslicht)
(ADP-(5)-Leuchte12NL LB45-Lichtfunktion B 12) from not active to Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht; Positionslicht; Begrenzungslicht)
(ADP-(5)-Leuchte13NL RB5-Lichtfunktion B 13) from not active to Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht; Positionslicht; Begrenzungslicht)
(ADP-(12)-Leuchte12NL LB45-Lichtfunktion E 12) from not active to Nebellicht links
(ADP-(15)-Leuchte12NL LB45-Dimming Direction EF 12) from maximize to minimize
(ADP-(12)-Leuchte13NL RB5-Lichtfunktion E 13) from not active to Nebellicht rechts
(ADP-(15)-Leuchte13NL RB5-Dimming Direction EF 13) from maximize to minimize

This changed panic alarm to require holding for a few seconds before it activates.
Address 09
(ADP-(2)-Anti-theft device-Verzoegerung Panikalarm) from keine verzoegerung to 2 sekunden verzoegerung

Last edited: